Subversion Client - Aix

This is a discussion on Subversion Client - Aix ; Hello all, I'm trying to get a subversion client running on a dozen or so AIX machines. The plan is to build an rpm and ship it to the others, but I can't seem to get subversion to compile with ...

  1. Subversion Client

    Hello all,

    I'm trying to get a subversion client running on a dozen or so AIX
    machines. The plan is to build an rpm and ship it to the others, but I
    can't seem to get subversion to compile with ssl support, despite
    passing the path to the openssl header in the subversion configure
    script.

    Am aware this is verging on OT so I've not spammed with detail yet -
    but if anyone has experience with getting this working, or knows of a
    binary package for 5.3 please let me know?

    If this is considered reasonably enough on topic I'll post more detail
    of what I've done so far and the exact errors I am experiencing.

    Thanks in advance,

    S.

  2. Re: Subversion Client

    In article <1164185449.231429.95300@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.co m>,
    Cope wrote:
    >I'm trying to get a subversion client running on a dozen or so AIX
    >machines. The plan is to build an rpm and ship it to the others, but I
    >can't seem to get subversion to compile with ssl support, despite
    >passing the path to the openssl header in the subversion configure
    >script.

    Curious. Subversion client builds out of the box for me. At
    least the last one I built did. I haven't yet tried 1.4.x.
    There are some binary tarballs at http://www.bear-cave.org.uk/aix.
    They were build on 5.2 and should work on 5.3. I think. The page
    include compile notes.

    I've made moves in the direction of a RPM, but it's a complicated
    business. Packaging Subversion properly would mean packaging the
    server (I build the standalone server but without Berkeley DB support),
    the Apache module, the Java interface, properly separating libneon,
    libapr etc into separate packages etc. I've not needed to distribute
    Subversion so haven't followed this through.
    --
    Jim Hague - jim@bear-cave.org.uk Never trust a computer you can't lift.

+ Reply to Thread