tracelogd restarts continuously after upgrade to 5.3.4 - Aix

This is a discussion on tracelogd restarts continuously after upgrade to 5.3.4 - Aix ; Hi all, After upgrading a number of machines here from 5.3ML2 to 5.3ML4-CSP, I am seeing tracelogd restarting every minute or so. The errpt logs have a SYMPTOM CODE of 65024 (whatever that is) and apparently it is failing at ...

  1. tracelogd restarts continuously after upgrade to 5.3.4

    Hi all,

    After upgrading a number of machines here from 5.3ML2 to 5.3ML4-CSP, I
    am seeing tracelogd restarting every minute or so. The errpt logs have
    a SYMPTOM CODE of 65024 (whatever that is) and apparently it is failing
    at 'srchevn.c'@line:'217'. A thread in the Tek-Tips forum is
    inconclusive. Does anyone have any ideas?

    Stephen

  2. Re: tracelogd restarts continuously after upgrade to 5.3.4

    stephen.hocking@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > After upgrading a number of machines here from 5.3ML2 to 5.3ML4-CSP, I
    > am seeing tracelogd restarting every minute or so. The errpt logs have
    > a SYMPTOM CODE of 65024 (whatever that is) and apparently it is failing
    > at 'srchevn.c'@line:'217'. A thread in the Tek-Tips forum is
    > inconclusive. Does anyone have any ideas?

    Searching at the IBM web site shows the following result:

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=isg1IY73970
    Its for AIX 5.2 so you might open a call with IBM

    Normal trouble shooting would be:
    1) Find the fileset which does installs/contains the trouble causing
    program.
    2) Check/verify whether or not the program is needed.
    3) Uninstall the package if not needed
    4) Disable the start of the program

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: tracelogd restarts continuously after upgrade to 5.3.4

    Hajo Ehlers wrote:
    > stephen.hocking@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > After upgrading a number of machines here from 5.3ML2 to 5.3ML4-CSP, I
    > > am seeing tracelogd restarting every minute or so. The errpt logs have
    > > a SYMPTOM CODE of 65024 (whatever that is) and apparently it is failing
    > > at 'srchevn.c'@line:'217'. A thread in the Tek-Tips forum is
    > > inconclusive. Does anyone have any ideas?

    > Searching at the IBM web site shows the following result:
    >
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=isg1IY73970
    > Its for AIX 5.2 so you might open a call with IBM
    >
    > Normal trouble shooting would be:
    > 1) Find the fileset which does installs/contains the trouble causing
    > program.
    > 2) Check/verify whether or not the program is needed.
    > 3) Uninstall the package if not needed
    > 4) Disable the start of the program
    >
    > hth
    > Hajo

    Thanks - this has done the trick. None of the systems affected were in
    a clustered environment.

    Stephen

+ Reply to Thread