how put a 44P model 270 in maintenance mode - Aix

This is a discussion on how put a 44P model 270 in maintenance mode - Aix ; Hello, I have the following problem on an old 44P model 270: I'd like to boot it in maintenance mode, but there's apparently no key on this model; I don't remember how one could boot it in maintenance mode to ...

  1. how put a 44P model 270 in maintenance mode

    Hello,

    I have the following problem on an old 44P model 270:
    I'd like to boot it in maintenance mode, but there's apparently no key on this
    model; I don't remember how one could boot it in maintenance mode to obtain the
    maintenance shell.

    Thanks in advance

    F.B.

  2. Re: how put a 44P model 270 in maintenance mode

    Fabrice Bentejac LM2S wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have the following problem on an old 44P model 270:
    > I'd like to boot it in maintenance mode, but there's apparently no key on this
    > model; I don't remember how one could boot it in maintenance mode to obtain the
    > maintenance shell.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > F.B.

    .... not sure, but try to press 1 or F1 at bootup - before the
    initialization of speaker, keyboard is done

    Maybe you can try on the running system a shutdown -m

  3. Re: how put a 44P model 270 in maintenance mode

    Friedhelm Neyer wrote:
    > Fabrice Bentejac LM2S wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> I have the following problem on an old 44P model 270:
    >> I'd like to boot it in maintenance mode, but there's apparently no key
    >> on this
    >> model; I don't remember how one could boot it in maintenance mode to
    >> obtain the
    >> maintenance shell.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> F.B.

    > ... not sure, but try to press 1 or F1 at bootup - before the
    > initialization of speaker, keyboard is done
    >
    > Maybe you can try on the running system a shutdown -m

    After the keyboard symbol appears onscreen, hit 5 for CLI mode or F5 for
    graphical mode. You need to do this before the speaker sounds and the
    system starts to boot (if I remember rightly!!)

    Pressing 1 (of F1) takes you into the Firmware (again my memory is
    getting bad)!

+ Reply to Thread