X service - Aix

This is a discussion on X service - Aix ; I need help understanding the configuration of current AIX offerings, and specifically X service. What software supports X on a typical console? I believe there is a choice of 2D and 3D graphics adapters and accelerators (GXT*P). Is the default ...

  1. X service

    I need help understanding the configuration of current AIX
    offerings, and specifically X service. What software
    supports X on a typical console? I believe there is a
    choice of 2D and 3D graphics adapters and accelerators
    (GXT*P). Is the default console based on X.org?

  2. Re: X service

    Cameron Laird wrote:
    > I need help understanding the configuration of current AIX
    > offerings, and specifically X service. What software
    > supports X on a typical console? I believe there is a
    > choice of 2D and 3D graphics adapters and accelerators
    > (GXT*P). Is the default console based on X.org?

    Most of the newest p Series systems only support the GXT135P (a 2D
    adapter). A few workstations exist that support the GXT6500P and
    GXT4500P adapters (3D adapters).

    The X server was originally based on X consortium code. I don't know
    how that fits in with X.org.

    Jim Lahue

+ Reply to Thread