Fast Connect AIX 4.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on Fast Connect AIX 4.3 - Aix ; Was under the impression that Fast Connect was installed automatically from BOS. I cannot find it in Smit on my installation AIX 4.3.3.11 Have searched all the 5 CD's in Smit but cannot find Fast Connect. Cannot locate the BOS ...

  1. Fast Connect AIX 4.3

    Was under the impression that Fast Connect was installed automatically from
    BOS.
    I cannot find it in Smit on my installation AIX 4.3.3.11
    Have searched all the 5 CD's in Smit but cannot find Fast Connect.
    Cannot locate the BOS numbers in Google search.
    Would appreciate on how to identify the file sets on the CD.

    Thanks
    Basil

  2. Re: Fast Connect AIX 4.3

    Basil Holloway wrote:
    > Was under the impression that Fast Connect was installed automatically from
    > BOS.
    > I cannot find it in Smit on my installation AIX 4.3.3.11
    > Have searched all the 5 CD's in Smit but cannot find Fast Connect.
    > Cannot locate the BOS numbers in Google search.
    > Would appreciate on how to identify the file sets on the CD.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Basil

    it is a separately purchased product.

  3. Re: Fast Connect AIX 4.3

    Thanks for reply.
    Will go on hunt for someone with a copy to sell.

    Basil

  4. Re: Fast Connect AIX 4.3

    Why not using samba ?

    Hajo

  5. Re: Fast Connect AIX 4.3

    Why not using samba ?

    Hajo
    As I said to a friend in an email a couple of days ago
    My Samba book arrived and after reading the first 50 odd pages, have given
    up. There were references to over 100 terms in those 50 odd pages not
    explained in the book where I had to go elsewhere to look up. It just went
    on and on till I was well over my head.

    Have had no formal computer training., so I figured on reading the IBM Fast
    Connect Red Book it looked a lot less complicated. Do you have a copy to
    sell ?

    The AIX 5.1 bonus cd has fast connect on it. Can I use that copy to install
    on AIX 4.3.3.11.
    My old RS6000's 7011-250 and 7012-320 are not modern enough for AIX 5.1

    Thanks
    Basil

  6. Re: Fast Connect AIX 4.3

    "Basil Holloway" writes:
    >> Why not using samba ?

    >My Samba book arrived and after reading the first 50 odd pages, have given
    >up. There were references to over 100 terms in those 50 odd pages not
    >explained in the book where I had to go elsewhere to look up. It just went
    >on and on till I was well over my head.

    We're using samba on AIX4.3. Think i got the procompiles from
    BullFreeware. The samba howtos/walkthroughs (Http://www.samba.org)
    were reasonably verbose/simple... really walk you through step by
    step.

    Start easy, with a share with no restrictions, then add more
    complexity to the setup.

    --
    May no harm befall you,
    flip