AIX and gcc - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX and gcc - Aix ; I'm trying to compile a C program using gcc on AIX 5.3L but I seem to be missing a mysetrious library, libmsaa, which is nowhere to be found on my system. Any clues please? Thanks Neil $ make dostats INFORMIXC=gcc ...

  1. AIX and gcc

    I'm trying to compile a C program using gcc on AIX 5.3L but I seem to be
    missing a mysetrious library, libmsaa, which is nowhere to be found on my
    system.

    Any clues please?

    Thanks
    Neil

    $ make dostats
    INFORMIXC=gcc esql -DHAVE_GNU_GETOPT=1 -o dostats dostats.ec
    getopt.c
    gcc: unrecognized option '-qchars=signed'
    gcc: unrecognized option '-q64'
    gcc: unrecognized option '-qlanglvl=ansi'
    gcc: unrecognized option '-qalign=natural'
    gcc: unrecognized option '-qcheck=nullptr'
    gcc: unrecognized option '-qmaxmem=-1'
    gcc: unrecognized option '-qspill=2000'
    collect2: library libmsaa not found

    Stop.

  2. Re: AIX and gcc

    "Neil Truby" writes:

    > I'm trying to compile a C program using gcc on AIX 5.3L but I seem to be
    > missing a mysetrious library, libmsaa, which is nowhere to be found on my
    > system.

    It is pretty obvious that that library was added by Informix 'esql'
    to the link. Check your Informix installation to make sure it
    is complete.

    > $ make dostats
    > INFORMIXC=gcc esql -DHAVE_GNU_GETOPT=1 -o dostats dostats.ec
    > getopt.c
    > gcc: unrecognized option '-qchars=signed'
    > gcc: unrecognized option '-q64'

    It is also clear that Informx esql is "brain-damaged" (or at least
    was not intended to be used with gcc): all of the above options
    are xlc-specific.

    Also note that '-q64' implies 64-bit compile, but the gcc compile
    you are using is 32-bit (add -maix64 for gcc).

    Perhaps you do have 64-bit libmsaa after all (somewhere in the
    Informix tree), but it is being ignored for 32-bit compile?

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

+ Reply to Thread