How to restore a VG from backup? - Aix

This is a discussion on How to restore a VG from backup? - Aix ; we r having a VG called oravg for oracle and we r also having a tape backup of that VG. but now that VG got corrupted. so v need to restore that VG from the backup. Can any one here ...

  1. How to restore a VG from backup?

    we r having a VG called oravg for oracle and we r also having a tape
    backup of that VG.

    but now that VG got corrupted. so v need to restore that VG from the
    backup.

    Can any one here help me with this?

  2. Re: How to restore a VG from backup?

    man restore, few egs:

    ----
    restore -qTvf (filename or device) Lists archive

    restore -qvxf (filename or device) Restores all
    restore -qvxf (filename or device) ("files or directories to restore")
    (use -d for restore directories)

    restore -qvxf /dev/rmt0.1 "./etc/passwd" Restore /etc/passwd file

    restore -s4 -qTvf /dev/rmt0.1 Lists contents of a mksysb
    tape

    -------
    kavin wrote:
    > we r having a VG called oravg for oracle and we r also having a tape
    > backup of that VG.
    >
    > but now that VG got corrupted. so v need to restore that VG from the
    > backup.
    >
    > Can any one here help me with this?

+ Reply to Thread