I/O Performance tools - Aix

This is a discussion on I/O Performance tools - Aix ; In lieu of not having filemon (AIX 5100-09) does anyone have have any recomendations of freeware I can get to analyze an I/O issue on my AIX box?...

  1. I/O Performance tools

    In lieu of not having filemon (AIX 5100-09) does anyone have have any
    recomendations of freeware I can get to analyze an I/O issue on my AIX
    box?

  2. Re: I/O Performance tools

    filemon is in bos.perf.tools . Can you not install the fileset ?

    Using a raw trace is brutal, but not impossible.

    --
    #include /* I don't speak for IBM ... */
    /* Heck, I don't even speak for myself */

  3. Re: I/O Performance tools

    > > In lieu of not having filemon (AIX 5100-09) does anyone have have any
    > > recomendations of freeware I can get to analyze an I/O issue on my AIX
    > > box?

    why dont you have filemon but you can install 3rd party apps .. ? nmon
    is ok for i/o thro-put stuff at a high level i.e. nmon, subcmd "t" for
    top proc listing then subcmd "5" to sort by i/o thro-put.

    HTH
    Mark Taylor

+ Reply to Thread