Get the installation date. - Aix

This is a discussion on Get the installation date. - Aix ; Hi AIX Gurus, what's the best way to get the date of OS installation? Thx!...

  1. Get the installation date.

    Hi AIX Gurus,

    what's the best way to get the date of OS installation?

    Thx!

  2. Re: Get the installation date.

    Marcin wrote:
    > Hi AIX Gurus,
    >
    > what's the best way to get the date of OS installation?

    The best way i do not know:

    Some ways:
    Get the date from the creation time of the bosinstlog file
    $ ls -l /var/adm/ras/bosinstlog

    Get the earliest installed software on the system
    $ lslpp -ch | cut -f7 -d: | grep "/" | awk '{ print $3 $1 $2 }' FS="/"
    | sort -nu | head -1

    where the second one is harder to fake

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: Get the installation date.

    hi experts
    i checked, i'm not beleving it would be correct.

    tell in another way......

    vinayag

    Hajo Ehlers wrote:
    > Marcin wrote:
    > > Hi AIX Gurus,
    > >
    > > what's the best way to get the date of OS installation?

    > The best way i do not know:
    >
    > Some ways:
    > Get the date from the creation time of the bosinstlog file
    > $ ls -l /var/adm/ras/bosinstlog
    >
    > Get the earliest installed software on the system
    > $ lslpp -ch | cut -f7 -d: | grep "/" | awk '{ print $3 $1 $2 }' FS="/"
    > | sort -nu | head -1
    >
    > where the second one is harder to fake
    >
    > hth
    > Hajo

  4. Re: Get the installation date.

    It works by me.
    I made a small modification -- I list only "bos.rte.*" family ( lslpp
    -ch "bos.rte.*" .... ).

    Thanks Hajo.

    --
    Greets,
    Mrc

  5. Re: Get the installation date.

    Just keep in mind it's using the System Clock / Timezone during
    install.

    Not a big deal if it's off by +/- 12 hours, but when we had a drive and
    planar board replaced the CE didn't set the time before installing.
    The year was at 1970 which wasn't very funny at the time.

+ Reply to Thread