How to disable SMT on a p520 - Aix

This is a discussion on How to disable SMT on a p520 - Aix ; Hi, I would like to know how to disable SMT on a p5. It was disabled by an IBM consultant buit it was just reenabled probably by the system. Unfortunatly, the command wasn't written down. Only IBM Universe is running ...

  1. How to disable SMT on a p520

    Hi,

    I would like to know how to disable SMT on a p5. It was disabled by an
    IBM consultant buit it was just reenabled probably by the system.
    Unfortunatly, the command wasn't written down.

    Only IBM Universe is running on this server and it won't benefit from
    SMT.

    I'm looking for the command to disable it permanently.

    Regards,

    JF Leblond
    jfleblond68@gmail.com

  2. Re: How to disable SMT on a p520

    smtctl -m 'off'
    or smit smt

    Bernard Dhooghe

    jfleblond wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to know how to disable SMT on a p5. It was disabled by an
    > IBM consultant buit it was just reenabled probably by the system.
    > Unfortunatly, the command wasn't written down.
    >
    > Only IBM Universe is running on this server and it won't benefit from
    > SMT.
    >
    > I'm looking for the command to disable it permanently.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > JF Leblond
    > jfleblond68@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread