Help ! AIX Openssh public key authentication not working - Aix

This is a discussion on Help ! AIX Openssh public key authentication not working - Aix ; Hi All, How to troubleshoot AIX openssh public key authentication problem, it always prompt for password ? I have one aix user account working but not other user account. The scenarios : a) serverA_user1 -> sftp -> serverB_user 2 - ...

  1. Help ! AIX Openssh public key authentication not working

    Hi All,

    How to troubleshoot AIX openssh public key authentication problem, it
    always prompt for password ?

    I have one aix user account working but not other user account. The
    scenarios :

    a) serverA_user1 -> sftp -> serverB_user 2 - openssh public key
    authenticatoin working

    b) serverA_user2 -> sftp -> serverB_user 3 - openssh public key
    authenticatoin failed, it prompts for passowrd.

    The openssh public key authentication step is correct, I am really
    lost...

    Please advise.

    /Cybermav

  2. Re: Help ! AIX Openssh public key authentication not working

    maverickong@gmail.com wrote:
    > How to troubleshoot AIX openssh public key authentication problem, it
    > always prompt for password ?
    >
    > I have one aix user account working but not other user account. The
    > scenarios :
    >
    > a) serverA_user1 -> sftp -> serverB_user 2 - openssh public key
    > authenticatoin working
    >
    > b) serverA_user2 -> sftp -> serverB_user 3 - openssh public key
    > authenticatoin failed, it prompts for passowrd.
    >
    > The openssh public key authentication step is correct, I am really
    > lost...

    Check the permissions for the users $HOME and the $HOME/.ssh
    dir, as well as the permissions for the key file. IIRC it
    should be:
    0755 $HOME
    0700 $HOME/.ssh
    0600 $HOME/.ssh/*