Tapes in AIX 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on Tapes in AIX 5.3 - Aix ; I am , want to see , files into de Tape , somebody help me ? I am an new user . bye...

  1. Tapes in AIX 5.3

    I am , want to see , files into de Tape , somebody help me ?

    I am an new user .

    bye

  2. Re: Tapes in AIX 5.3

    rodrigo.fiotto@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am , want to see , files into de Tape , somebody help me ?
    > I am an new user .
    >
    > bye

    You must know how the tape was created.

    # man cpio
    # man tar
    # man restore
    # man restvg
    # man dd

    Please supply more information if you want someone to help you.

    Steve

  3. Re: Tapes in AIX 5.3

    rodrigo.fiotto@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am , want to see , files into de Tape , somebody help me ?
    >
    > I am an new user .
    >
    > bye

    Hi ,

    is the backup Rootvg or Savevg ?

    if it is rootvg then use # smitty lsmksysb and then select the tape
    drive to list the files in it.

    if it is savevg then list it using # smitty lsbackvg and then select
    the tape drive to list the files in it.

    Thamks & Regards
    Krishna

  4. Re: Tapes in AIX 5.3

    rodrigo.fiotto@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am , want to see , files into de Tape , somebody help me ?
    >
    > I am an new user .
    >
    > bye

    man tcopy

    use only your source tape.... no destination tape

+ Reply to Thread