Krb5.ext Kernel Extension - Aix

This is a discussion on Krb5.ext Kernel Extension - Aix ; A snippet from the documentation: Kerberos module The Kerberos module is a kernel extension used by the NFS client and server code. It allows the NFS client and server code to process Kerberos message integrity and privacy functions without making ...

  1. Krb5.ext Kernel Extension

    A snippet from the documentation:

    Kerberos module
    The Kerberos module is a kernel extension used by the NFS client and
    server code. It allows the NFS client and server code to process
    Kerberos message integrity and privacy functions without making calls
    to the gss daemon.

    The Kerberos module is loaded by the gss daemon. The methods used are
    based on Network Authentication Service version 1.2, which is, in turn,
    based on MIT Kerberos.

    The location of the Kerberos module is: /usr/lib/drivers/krb5.ext.

    For related information, see the gss daemon.

    The problem is that the extension isn't present in /usr/lib/drivers.
    I've installed the krb5.client fileset (I checked the server fileset
    aswell, but also not present).
    Can anyone help me? I need this to start the gss subsystem/daemon.
    I'm running AIX 5.3 ML 4

    Kind regards

    Miguel

  2. Re: Krb5.ext Kernel Extension

    Miguel Sanders wrote:
    > A snippet from the documentation:
    >
    > Kerberos module

    > The location of the Kerberos module is: /usr/lib/drivers/krb5.ext.
    >
    > For related information, see the gss daemon.
    >
    > The problem is that the extension isn't present in /usr/lib/drivers.
    > I've installed the krb5.client fileset (I checked the server fileset
    > aswell, but also not present).
    > Can anyone help me? I need this to start the gss subsystem/daemon.
    > I'm running AIX 5.3 ML 4
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Miguel

    modcrypt.base.lib
    The lpp should be on the same cd containing the krb5 filesets.

+ Reply to Thread