Error with gcc - Aix

This is a discussion on Error with gcc - Aix ; Hi have installed gcc 4.0.0.1. Try to run gcc with a little test prog and get the following error exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program gcc because of the following errors: 0509-150 Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libintl.a(shr.o) could not be loaded. But this ...

  1. Error with gcc

    Hi

    have installed gcc 4.0.0.1. Try to run gcc with a little test prog and
    get the following error

    exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program gcc because of the following
    errors:
    0509-150 Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libintl.a(shr.o)
    could not be loaded.

    But this lib is present in /usr/local/lib

    Where is the error ?

    Thx in advance
    Friedhelm

  2. Re: Error with gcc

    Friedhelm Neyer writes:

    > exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program gcc because of the following
    > errors:
    > 0509-150 Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libintl.a(shr.o) could not be loaded.
    >
    > But this lib is present in /usr/local/lib

    That's not enough. The library also must contain shr.o, which must
    be a shared object module.

    My guess is that you copied a "plain archive" version of libintl.a
    into /usr/local/lib, not a shared library you actually need.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  3. Re: Error with gcc

    Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
    >> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program gcc because of the following
    >> errors:
    >> 0509-150 Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libintl.a(shr.o) could
    >> not be loaded.
    >>
    >> But this lib is present in /usr/local/lib

    > That's not enough. The library also must contain shr.o, which must
    > be a shared object module.
    >
    > My guess is that you copied a "plain archive" version of libintl.a
    > into /usr/local/lib, not a shared library you actually need.

    Or could it be that gcc is 64-bit and the library 32-bit or vice versa?

    Examine the contents of the library with 'ar -t /usr/local/lib/libintl.a'.
    If there is no shr.o, you have found the problem.
    If there is a shr.o, extract it with 'ar -x /usr/local/lib/libintl.a shr.o'.
    Then run 'file shr.o' and 'file /usr/local/bin/gcc' (or wherever gcc is)
    and see what they are.

    Yours,
    Laurenz Albe

  4. Re: Error with gcc

    By any chance are you using a libintl.a from a different level?
    I mean mixing MLs or TLs or things like that. Where you upgrade some of
    the packages and not the others.

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajbir Bhattacharjee

    Laurenz Albe wrote:
    > Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
    > >> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program gcc because of the following
    > >> errors:
    > >> 0509-150 Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libintl.a(shr.o) could
    > >> not be loaded.
    > >>
    > >> But this lib is present in /usr/local/lib

    > > That's not enough. The library also must contain shr.o, which must
    > > be a shared object module.
    > >
    > > My guess is that you copied a "plain archive" version of libintl.a
    > > into /usr/local/lib, not a shared library you actually need.

    > Or could it be that gcc is 64-bit and the library 32-bit or vice versa?
    >
    > Examine the contents of the library with 'ar -t /usr/local/lib/libintl.a'.
    > If there is no shr.o, you have found the problem.
    > If there is a shr.o, extract it with 'ar -x /usr/local/lib/libintl.a shr.o'.
    > Then run 'file shr.o' and 'file /usr/local/bin/gcc' (or wherever gcc is)
    > and see what they are.
    >
    > Yours,
    > Laurenz Albe

+ Reply to Thread