lpd- two queve's from one spool - Aix

This is a discussion on lpd- two queve's from one spool - Aix ; Hi Is anybody can tell me something about that problem : i want to make with lpd two identical print queve's for two network printers from one spool. I just want to make something like double spool for one user ...

  1. lpd- two queve's from one spool

    Hi
    Is anybody can tell me something about that problem : i want to make
    with lpd two identical print queve's for two network printers from one
    spool. I just want to make something like double spool for one user who
    to have two printers by lan network..
    Thanks for response
    With regards,
    kB_a

  2. Re: lpd- two queve's from one spool

    "kB_a" wrote in message
    > Is anybody can tell me something about that problem : i want to make with
    > lpd two identical print queve's for two network printers from one spool. I
    > just want to make something like double spool for one user who to have two
    > printers by lan network..

    Create a single print queue to one of the remote printer.
    Next, using "smit mkpq" select to add a device to an existing queue.

    You should end up with something like this in /etc/qconfig:

    queue:
    device = device1, device2
    device1:
    host = server1
    rq = remoteq1
    device 2:
    host = server2
    rq = remoteq2

    When you send a job to the queue it will always be sent to device1 unless
    device1 is already busy printing. If device1 is busy the job will go to
    device 2.

    Best regards,
    Paul

  3. Re: lpd- two queve's from one spool

    thanks a lot for that

  4. Re: lpd- two queve's from one spool

    ok, i'v done this with another solution :

    1. i made queue with smit, with i select : Add a print queue -> other ,
    and i select:

    Name of queue: double
    Name of queue devie: double
    Backend program: /where/you/want/scriptname

    2. in "scriptname" file i add those lines:

    #!/bin/ksh
    enq -Pqueue1 $* && enq -Pqueue2 $*

    Those queue's are another working spools, defined couple months ago.

    After that, when i send something at previously created queue in smit-
    double, this backend script replicate spool for two printers defined in
    -P, ant that is what i want

    with regards,
    kB_a

+ Reply to Thread