gcc 3.4.3 installation problem on AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on gcc 3.4.3 installation problem on AIX - Aix ; while trying to build gcc using source make bootstrap is taking too much time . AIX VERSION : 5.1 steps i did : src_dir/configure --prefix=present_dir make bootstrap ... i am running my commands under C shell...

  1. gcc 3.4.3 installation problem on AIX

    while trying to build gcc using source make bootstrap is taking too
    much time .

    AIX VERSION : 5.1
    steps i did :
    src_dir/configure --prefix=present_dir
    make bootstrap
    ... i am running my commands under C shell

  2. Re: gcc 3.4.3 installation problem on AIX

    shankha wrote:
    > while trying to build gcc using source make bootstrap is taking too
    > much time .
    >
    > AIX VERSION : 5.1
    > steps i did :
    > src_dir/configure --prefix=present_dir
    > make bootstrap
    > .. i am running my commands under C shell

    Try installing bash and run:
    CONFIG_SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash; export $CONFIG_SHELL
    before the configure.

    Regards,

    Frank

  3. Re: gcc 3.4.3 installation problem on AIX

    shankha wrote:
    > while trying to build gcc using source make bootstrap is taking too
    > much time .

    Yeah, well, it takes awhile.

    If you don't want to bootstrap it, try downloading the binaries
    from one of the PDS sites.

    > AIX VERSION : 5.1
    > steps i did :
    > src_dir/configure --prefix=present_dir
    > make bootstrap
    > .. i am running my commands under C shell

  4. Re: gcc 3.4.3 installation problem on AIX

    can you give me the link of the site from where i can download gcc
    3.4.3 binaries for AIX
    base60 wrote:
    > shankha wrote:
    > > while trying to build gcc using source make bootstrap is taking too
    > > much time .

    > Yeah, well, it takes awhile.
    >
    > If you don't want to bootstrap it, try downloading the binaries
    > from one of the PDS sites.
    >

    > > AIX VERSION : 5.1
    > > steps i did :
    > > src_dir/configure --prefix=present_dir
    > > make bootstrap
    > > .. i am running my commands under C shell

+ Reply to Thread