Failed rootvg mirror help - Aix

This is a discussion on Failed rootvg mirror help - Aix ; K, I've got a failed hdisk in rootvg that won't release one of it's logical volumes, with the error stating that the LV on the failed disk has the only good copy of a PP. It's a failed disk, so ...

  1. Failed rootvg mirror help

    K, I've got a failed hdisk in rootvg that won't release one of it's
    logical volumes, with the error stating that the LV on the failed disk
    has the only good copy of a PP. It's a failed disk, so syncvg isn't
    working, and I can't unmirror rootvg.

    Does anyone know how I can fix this LV problem so I can break the
    mirror?

    TIA,

    -Jay

  2. Re: Failed rootvg mirror help

    moracq schrieb:
    > K, I've got a failed hdisk in rootvg that won't release one of it's
    > logical volumes, with the error stating that the LV on the failed disk
    > has the only good copy of a PP. It's a failed disk, so syncvg isn't
    > working, and I can't unmirror rootvg.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can fix this LV problem so I can break the
    > mirror?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > -Jay

    just a wild guess, what about the quorum ?
    I would switch it off.

  3. Re: Failed rootvg mirror help

    The quorum requirement is already off.

    -Jay
    Michael Kraemer wrote:
    > moracq schrieb:
    > > K, I've got a failed hdisk in rootvg that won't release one of it's
    > > logical volumes, with the error stating that the LV on the failed disk
    > > has the only good copy of a PP. It's a failed disk, so syncvg isn't
    > > working, and I can't unmirror rootvg.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how I can fix this LV problem so I can break the
    > > mirror?
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > >
    > > -Jay
    > >

    > just a wild guess, what about the quorum ?
    > I would switch it off.

  4. Re: Failed rootvg mirror help

    Hi!

    1. How do You remove mirror?
    2. What does rmlvcopy return?
    3. Please provide lsvg -l rootvg, lspv, lsvg -p rootvg

    thanks
    Rafal

    moracq napisal(a):
    > The quorum requirement is already off.
    >
    > -Jay
    > Michael Kraemer wrote:
    > > moracq schrieb:
    > > > K, I've got a failed hdisk in rootvg that won't release one of it's
    > > > logical volumes, with the error stating that the LV on the failed disk
    > > > has the only good copy of a PP. It's a failed disk, so syncvg isn't
    > > > working, and I can't unmirror rootvg.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know how I can fix this LV problem so I can break the
    > > > mirror?
    > > >
    > > > TIA,
    > > >
    > > > -Jay
    > > >

    > > just a wild guess, what about the quorum ?
    > > I would switch it off.

  5. Re: Failed rootvg mirror help

    moracq wrote:
    > K, I've got a failed hdisk in rootvg that won't release one of it's
    > logical volumes, with the error stating that the LV on the failed disk
    > has the only good copy of a PP. It's a failed disk, so syncvg isn't
    > working, and I can't unmirror rootvg.
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can fix this LV problem so I can break the
    > mirror?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > -Jay

    Its a system logical volume ? If not:
    1) Try to save as much data from the logical volume ( backup, tar ,pax
    , dd )
    2) umount the filesystem using that lv
    3) delete the lv
    4) unmirror

    hth
    Hajo

  6. Re: Failed rootvg mirror help

    Please, provide more information (lsvg -p | -l ... lspv ... lslv ... )
    on your rootvg.
    Did you already try lmigratepp or migratelv ?

    Did you try
    > > K, I've got a failed hdisk in rootvg that won't release one of it's
    > > logical volumes, with the error stating that the LV on the failed disk
    > > has the only good copy of a PP. It's a failed disk, so syncvg isn't
    > > working, and I can't unmirror rootvg.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how I can fix this LV problem so I can break the
    > > mirror?

+ Reply to Thread