NIM Question - Aix

This is a discussion on NIM Question - Aix ; Greetings, I'm new to NIM, and have been setting up a test environment for it on my DR site since the site isn't operational yet. I'm using an F50 for a master, and I've been able to set it up, ...

  1. NIM Question

    Greetings,

    I'm new to NIM, and have been setting up a test environment for it on
    my DR site since the site isn't operational yet. I'm using an F50 for
    a master, and I've been able to set it up, and get most of my
    communication issues resolved. I've been playing around with
    alt_disk_install, and have been able to get it to install, but when the
    server reboots it seems to hang. Now since this is at my DR site I
    won't be able to get there until tomorrow. But it seems to be since
    the bootlist was changed to hdisk1 which is where the alt_rootvg is
    setup I shouldn't have to do anything else, that NIM would do it for
    me. Should I have configured RIPL on this even though this is an
    already installed standalone machine which I'm just testing
    alt_disk_install on?

  2. Re: NIM Question

    hrm, there are so many different things that could be wrong, I'm not
    sure where to start!

    Where are you cloning the image from for the alt_disk_install? Is this
    a "confiirmed" image (i.e. do you know that that version of the OS
    works on this machine, and with NIM)? I've had problems with standard
    NIM installs where the lpp_source required a patch, or the client would
    hang on a reboot.

    Do you know the LED code on which it hung?

    -Jay
    Jason wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I'm new to NIM, and have been setting up a test environment for it on
    > my DR site since the site isn't operational yet. I'm using an F50 for
    > a master, and I've been able to set it up, and get most of my
    > communication issues resolved. I've been playing around with
    > alt_disk_install, and have been able to get it to install, but when the
    > server reboots it seems to hang. Now since this is at my DR site I
    > won't be able to get there until tomorrow. But it seems to be since
    > the bootlist was changed to hdisk1 which is where the alt_rootvg is
    > setup I shouldn't have to do anything else, that NIM would do it for
    > me. Should I have configured RIPL on this even though this is an
    > already installed standalone machine which I'm just testing
    > alt_disk_install on?

+ Reply to Thread