Invisible files - Aix

This is a discussion on Invisible files - Aix ; Hi, I have a problem with my /tmp directory filling up df says it is 100% full fsck says there are 32000+ blocks free ls -a shows only a few small files lsof /tmp doesnt show any big files in ...

  1. Invisible files

    Hi,

    I have a problem with my /tmp directory filling up

    df says it is 100% full
    fsck says there are 32000+ blocks free
    ls -a shows only a few small files
    lsof /tmp doesnt show any big files in use
    fuser doesnt show anything out of the ordinary

    Only thing I have done recently is installed txt2pdf from sanface whic
    uses perl5 - whenever this runs perl produces errors about no room o
    /tmp and then /tmp becomes full again (after I have freed up a smal
    amount of space).

    I have done an ls -al before and after running the txt2pdf and n
    differences are indicated

    Only error is fsck produces a bad inode map and a bad block map bu
    because the filesystem is mounted this could be red herring - so th
    documentation says

    Anyone any ideas ?

    Many thanks

    Trevo

    --
    kbadmi
    kbadmin's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/30

  2. Re: Invisible files

    > I have a problem with my /tmp directory filling up
    >
    > df says it is 100% full
    > fsck says there are 32000+ blocks free
    > ls -a shows only a few small files
    > lsof /tmp doesnt show any big files in use
    > fuser doesnt show anything out of the ordinary
    >
    > Only thing I have done recently is installed txt2pdf from sanface which
    > uses perl5 - whenever this runs perl produces errors about no room on
    > /tmp and then /tmp becomes full again (after I have freed up a small
    > amount of space).
    >
    > Only error is fsck produces a bad inode map and a bad block map but
    > because the filesystem is mounted this could be red herring - so the
    > documentation says

    Since you've cleared your 100% /tmp , have you rebooted the system ?
    The Jfs _might_ be corrupted since it reached 100%. As you cannot
    remount it, you need to reboot.

+ Reply to Thread