Backup Battery FastT200 replacement? - Aix

This is a discussion on Backup Battery FastT200 replacement? - Aix ; Hello, My backup battery are time period expired. Could I replace them alone? How can I do that? Thanks....

  1. Backup Battery FastT200 replacement?

    Hello,

    My backup battery are time period expired.

    Could I replace them alone?
    How can I do that?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Backup Battery FastT200 replacement?

    daworld24@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My backup battery are time period expired.
    >
    > Could I replace them alone?
    > How can I do that?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I have the 200HA, (two controllers) and replace a battery whenever it
    fails. The Storage Manager software tells me when it fails, and gives
    the Recovery Guru steps. I think it even logs an entry in the AIX
    error log, which is what I watch closely. You can still find the
    Recovery Guru steps in the Storage Manager "Help" menu - just search
    for "failed battery". You can have the battery sent to you and replace
    it yourself. You have to take the controller offline, remove the
    controller, and remove some screws to get to it. Don't forget to write
    the new date on the outside after it's replaced.

  3. Re: Backup Battery FastT200 replacement?

    nixmonkey@gmail.com a écrit :
    It's allright!
    thanks a lot.
    > daworld24@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > My backup battery are time period expired.
    > >
    > > Could I replace them alone?
    > > How can I do that?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > I have the 200HA, (two controllers) and replace a battery whenever it
    > fails. The Storage Manager software tells me when it fails, and gives
    > the Recovery Guru steps. I think it even logs an entry in the AIX
    > error log, which is what I watch closely. You can still find the
    > Recovery Guru steps in the Storage Manager "Help" menu - just search
    > for "failed battery". You can have the battery sent to you and replace
    > it yourself. You have to take the controller offline, remove the
    > controller, and remove some screws to get to it. Don't forget to write
    > the new date on the outside after it's replaced.

+ Reply to Thread