Pseries 660 Replacement Hard Disk fail - Aix

This is a discussion on Pseries 660 Replacement Hard Disk fail - Aix ; Hello, I just bought a new hard disk for my pseries 660. The orignal one was an Ibm Pseries Eserver disk, the new one is IBM Deskstar. cfgmgr detect this new disk as OSDISK, older one was SCSD. I can't ...

  1. Pseries 660 Replacement Hard Disk fail

    Hello,

    I just bought a new hard disk for my pseries 660.

    The orignal one was an Ibm Pseries Eserver disk, the new one is IBM
    Deskstar.

    cfgmgr detect this new disk as OSDISK, older one was SCSD.

    I can't make a newvg with this new drive.

    When i run diag -d hdisk1 (the new one)
    I've got this :

    NumÚro(s) SRN/Cause(s) probables
    (les causes sont classÚes par ordre de probabilitÚ dÚcroissante) :

    721-120: Erreur de commande sur une unitÚ SCSI Ó l'Útat OCCUPE.
    hdisk1 FRU: 07N3811 U0.1-P1/Z2-A8
    Autre disque SCSI

    What's wrong?

  2. Re: Pseries 660 Replacement Hard Disk fail

    On Oct 18, 10:48 am, daworl...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just bought a new hard disk for my pseries 660.
    >
    > The orignal one was an Ibm Pseries Eserver disk, the new one is IBM
    > Deskstar.
    >
    > cfgmgr detect this new disk as OSDISK, older one was SCSD.
    >
    > I can't make a newvg with this new drive.
    >
    > When i run diag -d hdisk1 (the new one)
    > I've got this :
    >
    > NumÚro(s) SRN/Cause(s) probables
    > (les causes sont classÚes par ordre de probabilitÚ dÚcroissante) :
    >
    > 721-120: Erreur de commande sur une unitÚ SCSI Ó l'Útat OCCUPE.
    > hdisk1 FRU: 07N3811 U0.1-P1/Z2-A8
    > Autre disque SCSI
    >
    > What's wrong?

    721-120 D 721 Description: Unknown SCSI or device
    error.

    I would use /usr/lpp/diagnostics/bin/uformat to format & certify the
    drive

  3. Re: Pseries 660 Replacement Hard Disk fail

    uformat fail!

    I do another diag :

    PREVIOUSLY REPORTED PROBLEMS
    801018

    NumÚro(s) SRN/Cause(s) probables
    (les causes sont classÚes par ordre de probabilitÚ dÚcroissante) :

    721-129: L'analyse du journal des erreurs a rÚvÚlÚ un incident
    liÚ au bus
    SCSI.
    Informations du journal des erreurs :
    Date : mer 18 oct 16:41:35 DFT 2006
    NumÚro de sÚquence : 723124
    Label : DISK_ERR3
    n/a FRU: n/a U0.1-P1/Z2-A8
    Incident liÚ au bus SCSI : cÔbles, modules de
    terminaison
    ou autres unitÚs SCSI
    hdisk1 FRU: 07N3811 U0.1-P1/Z2-A8
    Autre disque SCSI
    pci2 FRU: 04N6907 U0.1-P1.1
    Bus PCI
    n/a FRU: n/a U0.1-P1/Z2-A8
    Logiciel

    Maybe I will trie to affect another scsi ID ti my disk?

    c00p a écrit :

    > On Oct 18, 10:48 am, daworl...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I just bought a new hard disk for my pseries 660.
    > >
    > > The orignal one was an Ibm Pseries Eserver disk, the new one is IBM
    > > Deskstar.
    > >
    > > cfgmgr detect this new disk as OSDISK, older one was SCSD.
    > >
    > > I can't make a newvg with this new drive.
    > >
    > > When i run diag -d hdisk1 (the new one)
    > > I've got this :
    > >
    > > NumÚro(s) SRN/Cause(s) probables
    > > (les causes sont classÚes par ordre de probabilitÚ dÚcroissante) :
    > >
    > > 721-120: Erreur de commande sur une unitÚ SCSI Ó l'Útat OCCUPE.
    > > hdisk1 FRU: 07N3811 U0.1-P1/Z2-A8
    > > Autre disque SCSI
    > >
    > > What's wrong?

    > 721-120 D 721 Description: Unknown SCSI or device
    > error.
    >
    > I would use /usr/lpp/diagnostics/bin/uformat to format & certify the
    > drive

  4. Re: Pseries 660 Replacement Hard Disk fail

    > > > When i run diag -d hdisk1 (the new one)
    > > > I've got this :
    > > >
    > > > NumÚro(s) SRN/Cause(s) probables
    > > > (les causes sont classÚes par ordre de probabilitÚ dÚcroissante) :
    > > >
    > > > 721-120: Erreur de commande sur une unitÚ SCSI Ó l'Útat OCCUPE.
    > > > hdisk1 FRU: 07N3811 U0.1-P1/Z2-A8
    > > > Autre disque SCSI

    It speaks french... "Command error on SCSI unit on busy state ... Other
    SCSI Disk"

    > > > What's wrong?

    > > 721-120 D 721 Description: Unknown SCSI or device
    > > error.

    Aix doesn't recognize your new disk (cf.
    http://www.gilanet.com/Ohlandl/RS600...A_a4af5bas.pdf
    ).
    Try to rmdev it, and cfgmgr it again. if cfgmgr says something about
    the driver (lpp...), grab it, install it, and run cfgmgr again.

    > > I would use /usr/lpp/diagnostics/bin/uformat to format & certify the
    > > drive

    Not until you have got the right driver.

  5. Re: Pseries 660 Replacement Hard Disk fail

    Hello,

    still the same error :/

    My new disk is : DDYS-T18350
    os : AIX 5.3
    server : 7026-6H1

    cfgmgr -v -l scsi3
    ----------------
    tentative de configuration de l'unitÚ 'scsi3'
    Time: 0 LEDS: 0x637
    appel /usr/lib/methods/cfgncr_scsi -l scsi3
    Number of running methods: 1
    ----------------
    Completed method for: scsi3, Elapsed time = 9
    code retour = 0
    ****************** stdout ***********
    hdisk1
    ****************** non stderr ***********
    ----------------
    Time: 9 LEDS: 0x539
    Number of running methods: 0
    ----------------
    tentative de configuration de l'unitÚ 'hdisk1'
    Time: 9 LEDS: 0x721
    appel /etc/methods/cfgscdisk -l hdisk1
    Number of running methods: 1
    ----------------
    Completed method for: hdisk1, Elapsed time = 0
    code retour = 0
    ****************** non stdout ***********
    ****************** non stderr ***********
    ----------------
    Time: 9 LEDS: 0x539
    Number of running methods: 0
    ----------------
    appel savebase
    code retour = 0
    ****************** non stdout ***********
    ****************** non stderr ***********
    Configuration time: 9 seconds

    What's wrong?

  6. Re: Pseries 660 Replacement Hard Disk fail

    Hello,

    Nobody have a trick for setup a DDYS-T18350 with a 7026-6H1 (RS6000)?

    Tkanks a lot!

    daworld24@hotmail.com a écrit :

    > Hello,
    >
    > still the same error :/
    >
    > My new disk is : DDYS-T18350
    > os : AIX 5.3
    > server : 7026-6H1
    >
    > cfgmgr -v -l scsi3
    > ----------------
    > tentative de configuration de l'unitÚ 'scsi3'
    > Time: 0 LEDS: 0x637
    > appel /usr/lib/methods/cfgncr_scsi -l scsi3
    > Number of running methods: 1
    > ----------------
    > Completed method for: scsi3, Elapsed time = 9
    > code retour = 0
    > ****************** stdout ***********
    > hdisk1
    > ****************** non stderr ***********
    > ----------------
    > Time: 9 LEDS: 0x539
    > Number of running methods: 0
    > ----------------
    > tentative de configuration de l'unitÚ 'hdisk1'
    > Time: 9 LEDS: 0x721
    > appel /etc/methods/cfgscdisk -l hdisk1
    > Number of running methods: 1
    > ----------------
    > Completed method for: hdisk1, Elapsed time = 0
    > code retour = 0
    > ****************** non stdout ***********
    > ****************** non stderr ***********
    > ----------------
    > Time: 9 LEDS: 0x539
    > Number of running methods: 0
    > appel savebase
    > code retour = 0
    > Configuration time: 9 seconds
    >
    > What's wrong?

  7. Re: Pseries 660 Replacement Hard Disk fail

+ Reply to Thread