Removing PSSP code - Aix

This is a discussion on Removing PSSP code - Aix ; Hi all, I've recently migrated a server from SP2 hardware to a standalone B80. Now that we're no longer dependent on PSSP, we need to remove the filesets. Does anyone have any type of procedure for doing this? I'm not ...

  1. Removing PSSP code

    Hi all,

    I've recently migrated a server from SP2 hardware to a standalone B80.
    Now that we're no longer dependent on PSSP, we need to remove the
    filesets. Does anyone have any type of procedure for doing this? I'm
    not exactly sure where to start, I'm guessing I should comment any sp
    entries in inittab first?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Removing PSSP code

    "cdwells" schreef in bericht
    news:1161119013.254894.213920@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've recently migrated a server from SP2 hardware to a standalone B80.
    > Now that we're no longer dependent on PSSP, we need to remove the
    > filesets. Does anyone have any type of procedure for doing this? I'm
    > not exactly sure where to start, I'm guessing I should comment any sp
    > entries in inittab first?
    >
    > Thanks!

    It is not absolutely needed to remove the PSSP software, and if you want to
    remove it, do it before you disconnect it from the CWS.
    Otherwise, just remove it, some lpp's give a little trouble, but eventually
    you will get rid of all the lpp's and directories like /spdata.

    Take a look at the PSSP to CSM migration tools and information, there is
    also some info about this, even a redbook.
    JW

  3. Re: Removing PSSP code

    On 17 Oct 2006 14:03:33 -0700, "cdwells" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I've recently migrated a server from SP2 hardware to a standalone B80.
    >Now that we're no longer dependent on PSSP, we need to remove the
    >filesets. Does anyone have any type of procedure for doing this? I'm
    >not exactly sure where to start, I'm guessing I should comment any sp
    >entries in inittab first?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Remove PSSP:
    installp -ugX ssp.*
    installp -ugX rsct.basic.sp
    rmitab sp
    rmitab sp2
    rmitab hats
    rmitab hags
    rmitab haem

    30 minutes is not uncommon for removing ssp.*. You may not have all
    the inittab entries, but this works for all our SP images regardless
    of PSSP level.

    Darrell Frappier Detroit MI N3JWJ darrell at frappier dot us