Thanks, actually I think exceed is finding the font, but not
consistently on all apps. I have rom14.500 set as my font for xterm,
aixterm, and emacs. If I open xterm, I get a nice rom14.500. If I
open aixterm, I get the messed-up font, and same in emacs text buffer.
But the emacs font menu popup (with shift-leftmouse in emacs) has the
nice rom14.500! So I'm a bit baffled by it all....