backup on AIX 5.2 media for N3700 cifs - Aix

This is a discussion on backup on AIX 5.2 media for N3700 cifs - Aix ; Hi We have AIX 5.2 running on P 520 series, and N3700 having volumes created for Windows servers ( CIFS), iam trying to use backup media on AIX 5.2 to take the backup of cifs partition. Iam able to take ...

  1. backup on AIX 5.2 media for N3700 cifs

    Hi

    We have AIX 5.2 running on P 520 series, and N3700 having volumes
    created for Windows servers ( CIFS), iam trying to use backup media on
    AIX 5.2 to take the backup of cifs partition. Iam able to take backup
    using nfs commands.... but during restore i cannot retain permissions
    granted on windows 2003 for cifs partition. Kindly let me know how to
    retain the permissions on restore using above setup.

    Thanks

  2. Re: backup on AIX 5.2 media for N3700 cifs

    Lv wrote:
    > We have AIX 5.2 running on P 520 series, and N3700 having volumes
    > created for Windows servers ( CIFS), iam trying to use backup media on
    > AIX 5.2 to take the backup of cifs partition. Iam able to take backup
    > using nfs commands.... but during restore i cannot retain permissions
    > granted on windows 2003 for cifs partition. Kindly let me know how to
    > retain the permissions on restore using above setup.

    You can not get ms windows ACL info via NFS. You should use NDMP
    for backup or N-series commands dump/restore with direct-attached
    tape drive.

+ Reply to Thread