RDAC in AIX 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on RDAC in AIX 5.3 - Aix ; Dear ALL I have installed one p570 with TWO HBA running AIX 5.3 and TWO set DS4500 Storage. Each HBA connect to each DS4500 directly without via SAN Switch. Cx will duplicate ( Mirror ) data between two DS4500 storage ...

  1. RDAC in AIX 5.3

    Dear ALL

    I have installed one p570 with TWO HBA running AIX 5.3 and TWO set
    DS4500 Storage.

    Each HBA connect to each DS4500 directly without via SAN Switch.

    Cx will duplicate ( Mirror ) data between two DS4500 storage by
    Application design.

    We don;t have RDAC function ( Like Failover or IO balance function )
    in this system.

    But, In AIX 5.3 , system will enable RDAC device automatically.

    My Question is

    1.) Should I disable RDAC function in such a system ?

    2.) Should I configure RDAC or HBA Driver in such a system ?

    Pls advise or teach me how to configure ...

    thanks

    Tiger

  2. Re: RDAC in AIX 5.3

    You would still use the rdac driver, you are just required to daisy
    chain the two controllers on each DS4500 together.
    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs...aix_anycpu.txt

    On Oct 14, 4:24 am, "tiger1025" wrote:
    > Dear ALL
    >
    > I have installed one p570 with TWO HBA running AIX 5.3 and TWO set
    > DS4500 Storage.
    >
    > Each HBA connect to each DS4500 directly without via SAN Switch.
    >
    > Cx will duplicate ( Mirror ) data between two DS4500 storage by
    > Application design.
    >
    > We don;t have RDAC function ( Like Failover or IO balance function )
    > in this system.
    >
    > But, In AIX 5.3 , system will enable RDAC device automatically.
    >
    > My Question is
    >
    > 1.) Should I disable RDAC function in such a system ?
    >
    > 2.) Should I configure RDAC or HBA Driver in such a system ?
    >
    > Pls advise or teach me how to configure ...
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Tiger

  3. Re: RDAC in AIX 5.3

    Dear c00p

    Would you pls provide

    How do I setup DS4500 for "daisy chain".

    I cannot see this function form announcement letter.

    thanks

    c00p wrote:
    > You would still use the rdac driver, you are just required to daisy
    > chain the two controllers on each DS4500 together.
    > ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs...aix_anycpu.txt
    >
    > On Oct 14, 4:24 am, "tiger1025" wrote:
    > > Dear ALL
    > >
    > > I have installed one p570 with TWO HBA running AIX 5.3 and TWO set
    > > DS4500 Storage.
    > >
    > > Each HBA connect to each DS4500 directly without via SAN Switch.
    > >
    > > Cx will duplicate ( Mirror ) data between two DS4500 storage by
    > > Application design.
    > >
    > > We don;t have RDAC function ( Like Failover or IO balance function )
    > > in this system.
    > >
    > > But, In AIX 5.3 , system will enable RDAC device automatically.
    > >
    > > My Question is
    > >
    > > 1.) Should I disable RDAC function in such a system ?
    > >
    > > 2.) Should I configure RDAC or HBA Driver in such a system ?
    > >
    > > Pls advise or teach me how to configure ...
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > Tiger

+ Reply to Thread