Aix Umask - Aix

This is a discussion on Aix Umask - Aix ; I read that the default for files is 666 and for dirs is 777 and then the os aplyies the umask ... how I get by default file creation 775 for a specific user ?? what I have to add ...

  1. Aix Umask

    I read that the default for files is 666 and for dirs is 777 and then
    the os aplyies the umask ... how I get by default file creation 775
    for a specific user ?? what I have to add to /etc/security/user ??

    Thanks !

  2. Re: Aix Umask

    me again ! je
    have a look :

    USER:/HOME>umask -S
    u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rx
    USER:/HOME>touch pp
    USER:/HOME>ls -l pp
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 USER GROUP 0 Oct 30 12:07 pp

    mmmm
    and now ??

    On Oct 30, 2:56*pm, aLCoR wrote:
    > I read that the default for files is 666 and for dirs is 777 and then
    > the os aplyies the umask ... how I get by default file creation 775
    > for a specific user ?? what I have to add to /etc/security/user ??
    >
    > Thanks !

  3. Re: Aix Umask

    aLCoR wrote:
    > me again ! je
    > have a look :
    >
    > USER:/HOME>umask -S
    > u=rwx,g=rwx,o=rx
    > USER:/HOME>touch pp
    > USER:/HOME>ls -l pp
    > -rw-rw-r-- 1 USER GROUP 0 Oct 30 12:07 pp
    >
    > mmmm
    > and now ??

    The numeric umask value is the inversion; therefore, the above is
    umask=002. Turns out this should give you 775 on your directories
    as well.

    Normally one just sets umask in one's .profile/.bashrc/.cshrc/whatever
    file. And if you set it for a user, they could change it
    themselves.

+ Reply to Thread