install gcc problem - Aix

This is a discussion on install gcc problem - Aix ; I downloaded GCC for AIX from http://www.bullfreeware.com/ , as a single executable:gcc-3.3.2.0.exe This file gets unzipped into gcc-3.3.2.0.bff, and I use smit to install it. However, I get the following errors. Is there anything I missed? or there are easier ...

  1. install gcc problem

    I downloaded GCC for AIX from http://www.bullfreeware.com/, as a
    single executable:gcc-3.3.2.0.exe

    This file gets unzipped into gcc-3.3.2.0.bff, and I use smit to
    install it. However, I get the following errors. Is there anything I
    missed? or there are easier ways to install gcc?

    "Bull and its suppliers shall in no event be liable for direct or
    indirect
    damage caused to the User or to third parties by use of the
    Materials,
    whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious
    action,
    arising out of or in connection with the use or performance
    of the
    Materials.

    .. . . . . << End of copyright notice for freeware.gcc >>. . . .

    sysck: 3001-037 The name freeware is not a known user for file
    /usr/local/bin/c++.
    sysck: 3001-003 A value must be specified for owner for entry /usr/
    local/bin/c++
    ..
    sysck: 3001-037 The name freeware is not a known user for file
    /usr/local/bin/g77.
    sysck: 3001-003 A value must be specified for owner for entry /usr/
    local/bin/g77
    ..
    sysck: 3001-037 The name freeware is not a known user for file
    [MORE...1616]

  2. Re: install gcc problem

    On Oct 28, 10:27*pm, "uwc...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > I downloaded GCC for AIX from *http://www.bullfreeware.com/, as a
    > single executable:gcc-3.3.2.0.exe
    >
    > This file gets unzipped into gcc-3.3.2.0.bff, and I use smit to
    > install it. However, I get the following errors. Is there anything I
    > missed? or there are easier ways to install gcc?
    >
    > "Bull *and *its suppliers shall in no event be liable for direct or
    > indirect
    > damage *caused *to *the *User *or to third parties by use of the
    > Materials,
    > whether *in *an *action *of *contract, negligence or other tortious
    > action,
    > arising *out *of *or *in *connection *with *the *use *or performance
    > of the
    > Materials.
    >
    > . . . . . << End of copyright notice for freeware.gcc >>. . . .
    >
    > sysck: 3001-037 The name freeware is not a known user for file
    > * * * * /usr/local/bin/c++.
    > sysck: 3001-003 A value must be specified for owner for entry /usr/
    > local/bin/c++
    > .
    > sysck: 3001-037 The name freeware is not a known user for file
    > * * * * /usr/local/bin/g77.
    > sysck: 3001-003 A value must be specified for owner for entry /usr/
    > local/bin/g77
    > .
    > sysck: 3001-037 The name freeware is not a known user for file
    > [MORE...1616]

    Hi There,
    You need to create the user freeware. I have run in to the same
    problem, and that solved the issue.

    Best Regards
    /Ole

+ Reply to Thread