Bootlist not updated - Aix

This is a discussion on Bootlist not updated - Aix ; Hi, I try to add a second disk (SAN disk EMC) to the bootlist only a '-' is displayed after, do you know why ? #bootlist -m normal hdisk191 hdisk262 #bootlist -o -m normal hdisk191 blv=hd5 - Thanks in advance ...

  1. Bootlist not updated

    Hi,

    I try to add a second disk (SAN disk EMC) to the bootlist
    only a '-' is displayed after,
    do you know why ?

    #bootlist -m normal hdisk191 hdisk262
    #bootlist -o -m normal
    hdisk191 blv=hd5
    -

    Thanks in advance
    AIX 5.2

  2. Re: Bootlist not updated

    On 24 Oct, 08:25, "astalavista" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I try to add a second disk (SAN disk EMC) to the bootlist
    > only a '-' is displayed after,
    > do you know why ?
    >
    > #bootlist -m normal hdisk191 hdisk262
    > #bootlist -o -m normal
    > hdisk191 blv=hd5
    > -
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > AIX 5.2

    I hate to make assumptions but you have not told us much about your
    system.. The more info you can give the better the response you will
    get... anyway..

    I gather that both disks are in rootvg? and that they are mirrored?

    If they are mirrored, rebuild your blv on hdisk262

    bosboot -ad /dev/hdisk262

    Any errors or output? what does bootlist say now?

+ Reply to Thread