sudo-1.6.9p17 x AIX 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on sudo-1.6.9p17 x AIX 5.3 - Aix ; Hello there, I have compiled sudo-1.6.9p17 in AIX 5.3 TL 5 and in AIX 5.3 TL 8 and everything seems to be working just fine when I user reported me the following problem: $ sudo cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-603 Cannot access ...

  1. sudo-1.6.9p17 x AIX 5.3

    Hello there,
    I have compiled sudo-1.6.9p17 in AIX 5.3 TL 5 and in AIX 5.3 TL 8 and
    everything seems to be working just fine when I user reported me the
    following problem:
    $ sudo cfgmgr
    cfgmgr: 0514-603 Cannot access the Config_Rules object class in the
    device configuration database.

    I have compiled sudo using the following flags:
    configure --with-noexec --without-passwd --with-ignore-dot --with-
    mailto=mail@host.com --with-mail-if-no-host --with-mail-if-noperms --
    disable-root-sudo --enable-log-host

    Trying to identify which flag was causing this behavior I recompiled
    sudo excluding the last flag until I did it with no flags. It didnít
    work in any case! I got the same error on all cases.

    I have used the gcc compiler with the following versions:
    gcc-4.0.0-1
    gcc-c++-4.0.0-1
    libgcc-4.0.0-1

    Did anyone already face this problem?
    Did anyone successfully compiled sudo in AIX 5.3? Which flags did you
    use? What version of C compiler?

    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    Best Regards,

    Jackson

  2. Re: sudo-1.6.9p17 x AIX 5.3

    "Jack" wrote in message

    >Did anyone successfully compiled sudo in AIX 5.3? Which flags did you
    >use? What version of C compiler?

    ../configure, make, make install.

    C for AIX compiler, version 6 - no gcc on our box.

    It was 1.6.8p12 though.

    cheers,
    clive

  3. Re: sudo-1.6.9p17 x AIX 5.3

    Hello Everyone,
    The solution for this problem was on the /etc/sudoers file not in the
    compilation flags that I was using.
    After adding env_keep = "ODMDIR" to the Defaults line in /etc/sudoers
    the problem was fixed.
    I was informed by Mike Wook, from the sudo list, that another way of
    doing this is use the !env_reset in the Default line in the sudoers
    file, something like:
    Defaults: !env_reset

    Thank you all,

    Jackson