How to list all files with an ACL and also list the ACL settings - Aix

This is a discussion on How to list all files with an ACL and also list the ACL settings - Aix ; Hi, I am using AIX 5.3 with MP 7 and I am investigating the use of ACL’s to assist in setting various security constraints. I have found that you can use ls and find to obtain a list of the ...

  1. How to list all files with an ACL and also list the ACL settings

    Hi,

    I am using AIX 5.3 with MP 7 and I am investigating the use of ACL’s
    to assist in setting various security constraints.

    I have found that you can use ls and find to obtain a list of the
    objects that have ACL’s applied to them. The command “find” with the
    “-ea” option appears to be the better option of the two.

    My question is: Is there any tool available on AIX that will keep a
    list of the objects and their applied ACL’s in a file or files.

    I could write a script to do all of this by making use of find and
    aclget. However if there is already a tool or script etc that is
    available that I could use it would be good.

  2. Re: How to list all files with an ACL and also list the ACL settings

    On Oct 17, 5:09 am, cgr...@ultradata.com.au wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using AIX 5.3 with MP 7 and I am investigating the use of ACL’s
    > to assist in setting various security constraints.
    >
    > I have found that you can use ls and find to obtain a list of the
    > objects that have ACL’s applied to them. The command “find” with the
    > “-ea” option appears to be the better option of the two.
    >
    > My question is: Is there any tool available on AIX that will keep a
    > list of the objects and their applied ACL’s in a file or files.
    >
    > I could write a script to do all of this by making use of find and
    > aclget. However if there is already a tool or script etc that is
    > available that I could use it would be good.

    Be carefully with ACL and use them only where real nessessary. Keep in
    mind that ACL limitations can be inherit to lower directories.
    Saying so you set normaly only ACLs on certain directories. Thus you
    will not have really that much.
    I would suggest also that you get familiar with AIX 6.1 and the new
    implementaion of RBAC and security settings. Might solve already some
    of your security needs.

    All from memory
    hth
    Hajo