Number of AIO Kprocs - Aix

This is a discussion on Number of AIO Kprocs - Aix ; Hello folks AIO is currently configured as: # lsattr -El aio0 autoconfig available STATE to be configured at system restart True fastpath enable State of fast path True kprocprio 39 Server PRIORITY True maxreqs 16384 Maximum number of REQUESTS True ...

  1. Number of AIO Kprocs

    Hello folks

    AIO is currently configured as:
    # lsattr -El aio0
    autoconfig available STATE to be configured at system restart True
    fastpath enable State of fast path True
    kprocprio 39 Server PRIORITY True
    maxreqs 16384 Maximum number of REQUESTS True
    maxservers 500 MAXIMUM number of servers per cpu True
    minservers 100 MINIMUM number of servers True

    # lscfg | grep proc | wc -l
    10

    However when I look at the number of AIO kprocs in use, I see:
    # pstat -a | grep 'aioserver' | wc -l
    8322

    Which is higher than 500 * 10 ??
    The only explanation could be that the maxservers tunable refers to
    the maximum number of servers per logical CPU. Is this correct?

    Thanks a lot

    Miguel

  2. Re: Number of AIO Kprocs

    On 15 Okt., 20:31, Miguel Sanders wrote:
    >[...]
    > The only explanation could be that the maxservers tunable refers to
    > the maximum number of servers per logical CPU. Is this correct?
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    >
    > Miguel

    Yes, it's a per CPU number.

  3. Re: Number of AIO Kprocs

    On 10/15/2008 08:31 PM, Miguel Sanders wrote:
    > However when I look at the number of AIO kprocs in use, I see:
    > # pstat -a | grep 'aioserver' | wc -l
    > 8322
    >
    > Which is higher than 500 * 10 ??
    > The only explanation could be that the maxservers tunable refers to
    > the maximum number of servers per logical CPU. Is this correct?

    Yes - compare it to output from 'bindprocessor -q'.

    Regards
    Niel

+ Reply to Thread