Encryption algorithm in DCE - Aix

This is a discussion on Encryption algorithm in DCE - Aix ; Hi, I hope this guestion is not misplaced in this forum, if so I apologise and I'd be much obliged to know which other forum would be appropriate. We are migrating our users from DCE to LDAP and we've already ...

  1. Encryption algorithm in DCE

    Hi,

    I hope this guestion is not misplaced in this forum, if so I apologise
    and I'd be much obliged to know which other forum would be
    appropriate.

    We are migrating our users from DCE to LDAP and we've already exported
    user names and passwords from DCE to PWD and GROUP files and the next
    step ist to get them into LDAP.
    Does anyone know what encryption algorithm DCE actually uses? We'd
    like to know, so we could encrypt passwords from applications which
    would now communicate with LDAP and no longer with the combination of
    CICS and DCE. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

    alka

  2. Re: Encryption algorithm in DCE

    On 14 okt, 12:15, alka wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I hope this guestion is not misplaced in this forum, if so I apologise
    > and *I'd be much obliged to know which other forum would be
    > appropriate.
    >
    > We are migrating our users from DCE to LDAP and we've already exported
    > user names and passwords from DCE to PWD and GROUP files and the next
    > step ist to get them into LDAP.
    > Does anyone know what encryption algorithm DCE actually uses? We'd
    > like to know, so we could encrypt passwords from applications which
    > would now communicate with LDAP and no longer with the combination of
    > CICS and DCE. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    >
    > alka

    As you probably know DCE is based on Kerberos.
    And I think the only supported encryption type for DCE is DES (Data
    Encryption Standard)

  3. Re: Encryption algorithm in DCE

    Thanks for the response! We managed to find that the algorithm is
    indeed DES! And actually the passwords are generated with crypt.

    alka

    On 16 Okt., 14:01, Miguel Sanders wrote:
    > On 14 okt, 12:15, alka wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I hope this guestion is not misplaced in this forum, if so I apologise
    > > and I'd be much obliged to know which other forum would be
    > > appropriate.

    > > We are migrating our users from DCE to LDAP and we've already exported
    > > user names and passwords from DCE to PWD and GROUP files and the next
    > > step ist to get them into LDAP.
    > > Does anyone know what encryption algorithm DCE actually uses? We'd
    > > like to know, so we could encrypt passwords from applications which
    > > would now communicate with LDAP and no longer with the combination of
    > > CICS and DCE. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

    > > alka

    > As you probably know DCE is based on Kerberos.
    > And I think the only supported encryption type for DCE is DES (Data
    > Encryption Standard)

+ Reply to Thread