how to get backtrace in aix using c - Aix

This is a discussion on how to get backtrace in aix using c - Aix ; I want my programming get backtrace in aix, i search solaris using setjmp.h linux using glib.but aix i can't how to doing ,thankyou !...

  1. how to get backtrace in aix using c

    I want my programming get backtrace in aix, i search solaris using
    setjmp.h linux using glib.but aix i can't how to doing ,thankyou !

  2. Re: how to get backtrace in aix using c

    On Oct 10, 12:05 am, cuiwenzhu1...@163.com wrote:
    > I want my programming get backtrace in aix, i search solaris using
    > setjmp.h linux using glib.but aix i can't how to doing ,thankyou !

    Don't confuse similar-named libraries:

    glib - the Gnome/GTk library
    libc - the standard C library
    glibc - the GNU version of libc
    libgcc - the GNU gcc runtime library

    The backtrace call is in glibc. This doesn't come with AIX or with
    gcc, but can be
    compiled and installed as an alternative to libc on an AIX system.

  3. Re: how to get backtrace in aix using c

    On Oct 11, 5:23*am, smallpond wrote:
    > On Oct 10, 12:05 am, cuiwenzhu1...@163.com wrote:
    >
    > > I want my programming get backtrace in aix, i search solaris using
    > > setjmp.h linux using glib.but aix i can't how to doing ,thankyou !

    > Don't confuse similar-named libraries:
    >
    > glib - the Gnome/GTk library
    > libc - the standard C library
    > glibc - the GNU version of libc
    > libgcc - the GNU gcc runtime library
    >
    > The backtrace call is in glibc. *This doesn't come with AIX or with
    > gcc, but can be
    > compiled and installed as an alternative to libc on an AIX system.

    when I want to install glibc2.5 in my aix ,he tell me
    checking build system type... powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
    checking host system type... powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
    configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
    *** The GNU C library is currently not available for this platform.
    *** So far nobody cared to port it and if there is no volunteer it
    *** might never happen. So, if you have interest to see glibc on
    *** this platform visit
    *** http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/porting.html
    *** and join the group of porters
    I goto the gun web,find it not support this aix-power ,but i found
    some person install it success,i don't know how to install
    I find mt_trce can do this, but I don't find the libtools_ptr.a in my
    system!
    Thankyou for you help!

  4. Re: how to get backtrace in aix using c

    On 10月13日, 上午11时43分, cuiwenzhu1...@163.com wrote:
    > On Oct 11, 5:23 am, smallpond wrote:
    >
    > > On Oct 10, 12:05 am, cuiwenzhu1...@163.com wrote:

    > > > I want my programming get backtrace in aix, i search solaris using
    > > > setjmp.h linux using glib.but aix i can't how to doing ,thankyou !

    > > Don't confuse similar-named libraries:

    > > glib - the Gnome/GTk library
    > > libc - the standard C library
    > > glibc - the GNU version of libc
    > > libgcc - the GNU gcc runtime library

    > > The backtrace call is in glibc. This doesn't come with AIX or with
    > > gcc, but can be
    > > compiled and installed as an alternative to libc on an AIX system.

    > when I want to install glibc2.5 in my aix ,he tell me
    > checking build system type... powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
    > checking host system type... powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
    > configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
    > *** The GNU C library is currently not available for this platform.
    > *** So far nobody cared to port it and if there is no volunteer it
    > *** might never happen. So, if you have interest to see glibc on
    > *** this platform visit
    > *** http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/porting.html
    > *** and join the group of porters
    > I goto the gun web,find it not support this aix-power ,but i found
    > some person install it success,i don't know how to install
    > I find mt_trce can do this, but I don't find the libtools_ptr.a in my
    > system!
    > Thankyou for you help!

    I don't know how to install glibc in aix,but I found libptools_ptr.a
    in my aix install CD

+ Reply to Thread