md5sum for aix 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on md5sum for aix 5.3 - Aix ; How to get md5sum binary for aix 5.3? My computer does not have it. I google but did not find it....

  1. md5sum for aix 5.3

    How to get md5sum binary for aix 5.3?
    My computer does not have it.
    I google but did not find it.

  2. Re: md5sum for aix 5.3

    "TsanChung" wrote in message
    > How to get md5sum binary for aix 5.3?
    > My computer does not have it.
    > I google but did not find it.

    I built our version from source. It's the unix way innit? I'd not have the
    OS without sufficient compilers to allow me to do that sort of thing.

    cheers,
    clive

  3. Re: md5sum for aix 5.3

    TsanChung wrote:
    > How to get md5sum binary for aix 5.3?

    beginning with aix 5.3 it is built into csum(1):
    csum -h MD5

    in any case openssl also does it:
    openssl md5

    Regards
    Joachim Gann

  4. Re: md5sum for aix 5.3

    On Oct 4, 3:04*am, Joachim Gann wrote:
    > TsanChung wrote:
    > > How to get md5sum binary for aix 5.3?

    > beginning with aix 5.3 it is built into csum(1):
    > csum -h MD5
    >
    > in any case openssl also does it:
    > openssl md5
    >
    > Regards