libHwAPI.so: Cannot open or remove a file containing a runningprogram - Aix

This is a discussion on libHwAPI.so: Cannot open or remove a file containing a runningprogram - Aix ; CertificateDemo is a JNI java program which fails to run. $ java -d64 -Djava.library.path=/usr/java6_64/jre/lib/ext CertificateDemo SSL Connect is failing Exception in thread "main" com.mycomp.crypto.HwCryptokiException: function 'C_Initialize' returns 0x30 at com.mycomp.crypto.HwCryptokiException.ThrowNew(HwC ryptokiException.java: 57) at com.mycomp.crypto.HwAPI.Initialize(Native Method) at com.mycomp.crypto.HwTokenManager. (HwTokenManager.java: 107) at ...

  1. libHwAPI.so: Cannot open or remove a file containing a runningprogram

    CertificateDemo is a JNI java program which fails to run.
    $ java -d64 -Djava.library.path=/usr/java6_64/jre/lib/ext
    CertificateDemo
    SSL Connect is failing
    Exception in thread "main" com.mycomp.crypto.HwCryptokiException:
    function 'C_Initialize' returns 0x30
    at
    com.mycomp.crypto.HwCryptokiException.ThrowNew(HwC ryptokiException.java:
    57)
    at com.mycomp.crypto.HwAPI.Initialize(Native Method)
    at com.mycomp.crypto.HwTokenManager.(HwTokenManager.java:
    107)
    at
    com.mycomp.crypto.HwTokenManager.getInstance(HwTok enManager.java:62)
    at HSM_Manager.HSM_Login(HSM_Manager.java:35)
    at CertificateDemo.main(CertificateDemo.java:47)

    I want to copy a new version of libHwAPI.so (shared library for the
    JNI program), why the program is still running (but "ps -ef|grep
    java" do not show any java process running)?
    How to fix it?
    # cp libHwAPI.so /usr/java6_64/jre/lib/ext/.
    cp: /usr/java6_64/jre/lib/ext/libHwAPI.so: Cannot open or remove a
    file containing a running program.

  2. Re: libHwAPI.so: Cannot open or remove a file containing a runningprogram

    On Sep 11, 11:42 pm, TsanChung wrote:
    > CertificateDemo is a JNI java program which fails to run.
    > $ java -d64 -Djava.library.path=/usr/java6_64/jre/lib/ext
    > CertificateDemo
    > SSL Connect is failing
    > Exception in thread "main" com.mycomp.crypto.HwCryptokiException:
    > function 'C_Initialize' returns 0x30
    > at
    > com.mycomp.crypto.HwCryptokiException.ThrowNew(HwC ryptokiException.java:
    > 57)
    > at com.mycomp.crypto.HwAPI.Initialize(Native Method)
    > at com.mycomp.crypto.HwTokenManager.(HwTokenManager.java:
    > 107)
    > at
    > com.mycomp.crypto.HwTokenManager.getInstance(HwTok enManager.java:62)
    > at HSM_Manager.HSM_Login(HSM_Manager.java:35)
    > at CertificateDemo.main(CertificateDemo.java:47)
    >
    > I want to copy a new version of libHwAPI.so (shared library for the
    > JNI program), why the program is still running (but "ps -ef|grep
    > java" do not show any java process running)?
    > How to fix it?
    > # cp libHwAPI.so /usr/java6_64/jre/lib/ext/.
    > cp: /usr/java6_64/jre/lib/ext/libHwAPI.so: Cannot open or remove a
    > file containing a running program.

    slibclean

    hth
    Hajo