syslog configuration for logging Oracle RAC events - Aix

This is a discussion on syslog configuration for logging Oracle RAC events - Aix ; Hi, Does anyone knows how can we configure syslogd to capture warning and above events from Oracle RAC (Clusterware). The reason I am asking is because, RAC is causing one node to reboot and we want to investigate why. Oracle ...

  1. syslog configuration for logging Oracle RAC events

    Hi,

    Does anyone knows how can we configure syslogd to capture warning and
    above events from Oracle RAC (Clusterware).

    The reason I am asking is because, RAC is causing one node to reboot
    and we want to investigate why. Oracle logs somehow seems to be
    insufficient :-(

    As of now, I have enabled logging on *.critical (and above), but was
    wondering if we can do it just for Oracle RAC.

    thanks,

    Abhi.

  2. Re: syslog configuration for logging Oracle RAC events

    On Sep 10, 12:31*pm, Abhi wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone knows how can we configure syslogd to capture warning and
    > above events from Oracle RAC (Clusterware).
    >
    > The reason I am asking is because, RAC is causing one node to reboot
    > and we want to investigate why. Oracle logs somehow seems to be
    > insufficient :-(
    >
    > As of now, I have enabled logging on *.critical (and above), but was
    > wondering if we can do it just for Oracle RAC.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Abhi.

    Install and run Oracle's OS Watcher(OSW). Run, 'errpt -a' and
    investigate whether there is a soft ipl or hard. Also, research
    Metalink regarding CRS reboot's. Once you have a reboot, you can send
    all the logs to Oracle.

    HTH,
    Pete's

+ Reply to Thread