Mount windows share to AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on Mount windows share to AIX - Aix ; How in AIX 5.1 can I access a windows shared drive without using NFS. I have looked into cifs but I can not seem to find the package that I need to install for AIX 5.1 if anyone can give ...

  1. Mount windows share to AIX

    How in AIX 5.1 can I access a windows shared drive without using NFS. I
    have looked into cifs but I can not seem to find the package that I need
    to install for AIX 5.1 if anyone can give me any further direction
    please let me know.

    --
    chefsride
    chefsride's Profile: http://fantasticunix.com/forum/member.php?userid=64

  2. Re: Mount windows share to AIX

    How do I setup AIX to access windows shares using this because the only
    information that I have found is how to setup to have windows access AIX
    shares.

    --
    chefsride
    chefsride's Profile: http://fantasticunix.com/forum/member.php?userid=64
    View this thread: http://fantasticunix.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510366

  3. Re: Mount windows share to AIX

    chefsride schrieb:
    > How do I setup AIX to access windows shares using this because the only
    > information that I have found is how to setup to have windows access AIX
    > shares.

    Hi,

    this command works for me (on AIX 5.3)

    mount -v cifs -n ${CIFSHOST}/${CIFSUSER}/${CIFSPW} \
    -o uid=${CIFSUID},fmode=${CIFSPERM} \
    ${CIFSFS} ${DESTDIR}

    where:

    CIFSHOST = Windows Server (hostname or ip)
    CIFSUSER = Windows User Account
    CIFSPW = Password of CIFSUSER on Windows
    CIFSUID = AIX effective User ID
    CIFSPERM = AIX permission on mount (e.g 0755)
    CIFSFS = Windows share name
    DESTDIR = Where to be mounted on AIX (mountpoint)

    But I'm quite unsure, whether it works on AIX 5.1.

    Regards,
    Uwe Auer

+ Reply to Thread