LDAP - is there an API? - Aix

This is a discussion on LDAP - is there an API? - Aix ; Hi, I've just been experimenting with AIX's -ldapsearch -utility - I've been successfully using it to retrieve information from an Active Directory, however, I need to make similar calls from a C program. Is there a suitable LDAP API on ...

  1. LDAP - is there an API?

    Hi,

    I've just been experimenting with AIX's -ldapsearch -utility - I've
    been successfully using it to retrieve information from an Active
    Directory, however, I need to make similar calls from a C program.

    Is there a suitable LDAP API on AIX which will give me similar
    capabilties to the ldapsearch utlity?

    An alternative is to call ldapsearch from my program but that's not
    really ideal.

    Thanks for looking

    --
    phykell
    phykell's Profile: http://fantasticunix.com/forum/member.php?userid=69

  2. Re: LDAP - is there an API?

    On 5 sep, 11:20, phykell mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just been experimenting with AIX's -ldapsearch -utility - I've
    > been successfully using it to retrieve information from an Active
    > Directory, however, I need to make similar calls from a C program.
    >
    > Is there a suitable LDAP API on AIX which will give me similar
    > capabilties to the ldapsearch utlity?
    >
    > An alternative is to call ldapsearch from my program but that's not
    > really ideal.
    >
    > Thanks for looking
    >
    > --
    > phykell
    > phykell's Profile:http://fantasticunix.com/forum/member.php?userid=69
    > View this thread:http://fantasticunix.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510337

    Hello

    I found them in the IBM Tivoli Directory Server programming reference
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...oc_6.1/toc.xml

    Good luck

+ Reply to Thread