NIC speed duplex on AIX 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on NIC speed duplex on AIX 5.3 - Aix ; Hi! How can I get the information of speed/duplex settings of the NIC on an AIX 5.3 server? I already tried the commands I found with Google, I get a lot of information, but NOT speed/duplex. entstat -d ent0: a ...

  1. NIC speed duplex on AIX 5.3

    Hi!

    How can I get the information of speed/duplex settings of the NIC on an
    AIX 5.3 server?
    I already tried the commands I found with Google, I get a lot of
    information, but NOT speed/duplex.

    entstat -d ent0: a lot of info, but not speed/duplex
    lsattr -El ent0: only infos about buffers
    lsattr -El ent0 -a media_speed: error message

    entstat -d ent0
    ETHERNET STATISTICS (ent0) :
    Device Type: Virtual I/O Ethernet Adapter (l-lan)
    Hardware Address: 0a:08:a2:1a:ba:22
    Elapsed Time: 33 days 3 hours 11 minutes 16 seconds

    Transmit Statistics: Receive Statistics:
    -------------------- -------------------
    Packets: 1303975961 Packets: 1200007094
    Interrupts: 0 Interrupts: 1072771247
    Transmit Errors: 0 Receive Errors: 0
    Packets Dropped: 0 Packets Dropped: 0
    Bad Packets: 0
    Max Packets on S/W Transmit Queue: 0
    S/W Transmit Queue Overflow: 0
    Current S/W+H/W Transmit Queue Length: 0
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    Christian

  2. Re: NIC speed duplex on AIX 5.3

    christian maier schrieb:
    > Hi!
    >
    > How can I get the information of speed/duplex settings of the NIC on an
    > AIX 5.3 server?

    smitty - devices - communication - ....

  3. Re: NIC speed duplex on AIX 5.3

    christian maier wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > How can I get the information of speed/duplex settings of the NIC on an
    > AIX 5.3 server?

    > entstat -d ent0
    > ETHERNET STATISTICS (ent0) :
    > Device Type: Virtual I/O Ethernet Adapter (l-lan)

    this is a virtual adapter. it is always duplex and does not come at
    fixed speed.

  4. Re: NIC speed duplex on AIX 5.3

    Joachim Gann wrote:
    > christian maier wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> How can I get the information of speed/duplex settings of the NIC on
    >> an AIX 5.3 server?

    >> entstat -d ent0
    >> ETHERNET STATISTICS (ent0) :
    >> Device Type: Virtual I/O Ethernet Adapter (l-lan)

    > this is a virtual adapter. it is always duplex and does not come at
    > fixed speed.

    I was about to say check the settings on your VIOS but it looks like
    you're headed down that path already :-? Also, don't forget to check
    each VIOS if you're running dual VIOSs.

    Pete

+ Reply to Thread