FTP over SSL - Aix

This is a discussion on FTP over SSL - Aix ; Hello, does anyone have experience getting ftp over SSL to work on AIX 5300-07 without resorting to 3rd party products not found on the Linux toolbox shipped with AIX? SSH/SFTP cannot be used. Thank you and best regards Leszek Leszczynski...

  1. FTP over SSL

    Hello,
    does anyone have experience getting ftp over SSL to work on AIX
    5300-07 without resorting to 3rd party products not found on the Linux
    toolbox shipped with AIX? SSH/SFTP cannot be used.

    Thank you and best regards

    Leszek Leszczynski

  2. Re: FTP over SSL

    On Aug 21, 1:36 pm, Leszek L wrote:
    > Hello,
    > does anyone have experience getting ftp over SSL to work on AIX
    > 5300-07 without resorting to 3rd party products not found on the Linux
    > toolbox shipped with AIX? SSH/SFTP cannot be used.
    >
    > Thank you and best regards
    >
    > Leszek Leszczynski

    AIX 6 apparently supports it natively but otherwise all I've found is
    to use curl. curl is included
    in the Linux toolbox, but unfortunately, not the secure curl which you
    would need. I haven't set it
    up though after an initial failed attempt.

    http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

  3. Re: FTP over SSL

    "Ron" wrote in message
    > On Aug 21, 1:36 pm, Leszek L wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> does anyone have experience getting ftp over SSL to work on AIX
    >> 5300-07 without resorting to 3rd party products not found on the Linux
    >> toolbox shipped with AIX? SSH/SFTP cannot be used.
    >>
    >> Thank you and best regards
    >>
    >> Leszek Leszczynski

    > AIX 6 apparently supports it natively but otherwise all I've found is
    > to use curl. curl is included
    > in the Linux toolbox, but unfortunately, not the secure curl which you
    > would need. I haven't set it
    > up though after an initial failed attempt.
    >
    > http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

    I made curl (downloade, built) work on aix 5.3 without too much grief.
    However it might count as a 3rd party product, though I can't see why that's
    a problem.

    cheers,
    clive

+ Reply to Thread