AIX 5.3 not using all physical memory - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX 5.3 not using all physical memory - Aix ; Hi, I am facing a weird situation. I have a p550 configured with 64gb RAM. When I issue a "lscfg -vp" I can see all the 16 slots filled with 4gb memory cards. But when I issue "lsattr -E -l ...

  1. AIX 5.3 not using all physical memory

    Hi,

    I am facing a weird situation. I have a p550 configured with 64gb RAM.
    When I issue a "lscfg -vp" I can see all the 16 slots filled with 4gb
    memory cards. But when I issue "lsattr -E -l mem0 -H" the system
    reports only 48gb of usable memory.

    I have only one partition configured on this machine, I have already
    ran diag but no errors were found on the hardware. I checked all smit
    menus but could not find a clue about this problem.

    Please, has someone faced something similar ?

    regards,
    Antonio Belloni

  2. Re: AIX 5.3 not using all physical memory

    On Aug 20, 11:54*pm, antonio.bell...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am facing a weird situation. I have a p550 configured with 64gb RAM.
    > When I issue a "lscfg -vp" I can see all the 16 slots filled with 4gb
    > memory cards. But when I issue "lsattr -E -l mem0 -H" the system
    > reports only 48gb of usable memory.
    >
    > I have only one partition configured on this machine, I have already
    > ran diag but no errors were found on the hardware. I checked all smit
    > menus but could not find a clue about this problem.
    >
    > Please, has someone faced something similar ?
    >
    > regards,
    > Antonio Belloni

    What it is showing in "lsconf | head" or in "bootinfo -r".

    The service processor deconfigure the memory or CPU if it found
    abnormal result from it. Check in "errpt -d H", is there any relevant
    error. If any so you need to call service provider

    Regards,
    Mayank Shah

+ Reply to Thread