Solved--Putty Text During Login - - Aix

This is a discussion on Solved--Putty Text During Login - - Aix ; Hey all: a while back I posted the following: http://groups.google.com/group/comp....5b110259c17285 in regards to the answer back string and putty text being automagically pasted in. I found where the ^E character was coming in, it was in an entry in /etc/security/lastlogin. ...

  1. Solved--Putty Text During Login -

    Hey all:

    a while back I posted the following:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....5b110259c17285

    in regards to the answer back string and putty text being
    automagically pasted in. I found where the ^E character was coming
    in, it was in an entry in /etc/security/lastlogin. Once my security
    entries containing the character were removed, viola, it no longer
    appears.

    HTH someone else.

    Pete's

  2. Re: Solved--Putty Text During Login -

    On Aug 21, 12:25 am, "Pete's" wrote:
    > Hey all:
    >
    > a while back I posted the following:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ead/thread/917...
    >
    > in regards to the answer back string and putty text being
    > automagically pasted in. I found where the ^E character was coming
    > in, it was in an entry in /etc/security/lastlogin. Once my security
    > entries containing the character were removed, viola, it no longer
    > appears.
    >
    > HTH someone else.
    >
    > Pete's

    do I get a prize for being close ?