X applications fail to run on ssh -X - Aix

This is a discussion on X applications fail to run on ssh -X - Aix ; On 08/20/2008 07:20 PM, Frank Fegert wrote: > On 2008-08-20, TsanChung wrote: >> bash$ set|grep DISPLAY >> bash$ xclock >> Error: Can't open display: > > There's your problem. DISPLAY should be automatically set so some- > thing like "localhost:$OFFSET.0" ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: X applications fail to run on ssh -X

  1. Re: X applications fail to run on ssh -X

    On 08/20/2008 07:20 PM, Frank Fegert wrote:
    > On 2008-08-20, TsanChung wrote:
    >> bash$ set|grep DISPLAY
    >> bash$ xclock
    >> Error: Can't open display:

    >
    > There's your problem. DISPLAY should be automatically set so some-
    > thing like "localhost:$OFFSET.0" by SSHD. So either it doesn't get
    > set in the first place (no xauth or no X11Forwarding) or it's reset
    > by your environment. Check your .profile, .bashrc, etc. and make
    > sure DISPLAY is not unset/overwritten.


    It may also help to delete any existing $HOME/.Xauthority file you may
    have. It will be recreated as soon as you log in using SSH if your setup
    is proper.

    Similar to the above tip for DISPLAY, you should check if the XAUTHORITY
    or HOME environment variables are changed somewhere.

    Also check your client SSH config (ssh_config). i.e. if
    ForwardX11Trusted = no.

    I have previously recommended that you should upgrade your SSH, for very
    good reasons.

    Here are the steps:
    1. Download the SSHxxx.BFF file from the IBM website I previously posted
    to a local directory i.e. /tmp/ssh
    2. Run: cd /tmp/ssh; inutoc .
    3. Run: smitty install_all -> use . for the directory -> press Esc and 4
    to list the installable file-sets -> press Esc-7 to pick 'OpenSSH' and
    press Enter until it installs.
    4. Stop (kill) the current sshd. It might be a good idea to keep another
    SSH session open just in case you run into any type of installation
    problem, not that it's ever happened to me.
    5. Run: startsrc -s sshd

    If it still does not work, you need to post your ssh_config and
    sshd_config files.

    cheers
    Niel




  2. Re: X applications fail to run on ssh -X

    On Aug 20, 3:01*pm, Niel Lambrechts wrote:
    > On 08/20/2008 07:20 PM, Frank Fegert wrote:
    >
    > > On 2008-08-20, TsanChung wrote:
    > >> bash$ set|grep DISPLAY
    > >> bash$ xclock
    > >> Error: Can't open display:

    >
    > > There's your problem. DISPLAY should be automatically set so some-
    > > thing like "localhost:$OFFSET.0" by SSHD. So either it doesn't get
    > > set in the first place (no xauth or no X11Forwarding) or it's reset
    > > by your environment. Check your .profile, .bashrc, etc. and make
    > > sure DISPLAY is not unset/overwritten.

    >
    > It may also help to delete any existing $HOME/.Xauthority file you may
    > have. It will be recreated as soon as you log in using SSH if your setup
    > is proper.
    >
    > Similar to the above tip for DISPLAY, you should check if the XAUTHORITY
    > or HOME environment variables are changed somewhere.
    >
    > Also check your client SSH config (ssh_config). i.e. if
    > ForwardX11Trusted = no.
    >
    > I have previously recommended that you should upgrade your SSH, for very
    > good reasons.
    >
    > Here are the steps:
    > 1. Download the SSHxxx.BFF file from the IBM website I previously posted
    > to a local directory i.e. /tmp/ssh
    > 2. Run: cd /tmp/ssh; inutoc .
    > 3. Run: smitty install_all -> use . for the directory -> press Esc and 4
    > to list the installable file-sets -> press Esc-7 to pick 'OpenSSH' and
    > press Enter until it installs.
    > 4. Stop (kill) the current sshd. It might be a good idea to keep another
    > SSH session open just in case you run into any type of installation
    > problem, not that it's ever happened to me.
    > 5. Run: startsrc -s sshd
    >
    > If it still does not work, you need to post your ssh_config and
    > sshd_config files.
    >
    > cheers
    > Niel


    I downloaded openssh-4.7_new5302.tar.Z from
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/openssh-aix/

    Untarring it get these files, which are not SSHxxx.BFF file.
    How to install openssh on AIX 5.3?
    $ ls
    change_log.txt openssh.msg.ZH_CN
    openssh-4.7_new5302.tar.Z openssh.msg.ZH_TW
    openssh.base openssh.msg.Zh_CN
    openssh.license openssh.msg.Zh_TW
    openssh.man.en_US openssh.msg.ca_ES
    openssh.msg.CA_ES openssh.msg.cs_CZ
    openssh.msg.CS_CZ openssh.msg.de_DE
    openssh.msg.DE_DE openssh.msg.en_US
    openssh.msg.EN_US openssh.msg.es_ES
    openssh.msg.ES_ES openssh.msg.fr_FR
    openssh.msg.FR_FR openssh.msg.hu_HU
    openssh.msg.HU_HU openssh.msg.it_IT
    openssh.msg.IT_IT openssh.msg.ja_JP
    openssh.msg.JA_JP openssh.msg.ko_KR
    openssh.msg.Ja_JP openssh.msg.pl_PL
    openssh.msg.KO_KR openssh.msg.pt_BR
    openssh.msg.PL_PL openssh.msg.ru_RU
    openssh.msg.PT_BR openssh.msg.sk_SK
    openssh.msg.RU_RU openssh.msg.zh_CN
    openssh.msg.SK_SK openssh.msg.zh_TW

  3. Re: X applications fail to run on ssh -X

    On 2008-08-21, TsanChung wrote:
    > I downloaded openssh-4.7_new5302.tar.Z from
    > https://sourceforge.net/projects/openssh-aix/
    >
    > Untarring it get these files, which are not SSHxxx.BFF file.
    > How to install openssh on AIX 5.3?
    > $ ls
    > change_log.txt openssh.msg.ZH_CN
    > openssh-4.7_new5302.tar.Z openssh.msg.ZH_TW
    > openssh.base openssh.msg.Zh_CN
    > openssh.license openssh.msg.Zh_TW
    > openssh.man.en_US openssh.msg.ca_ES
    > openssh.msg.CA_ES openssh.msg.cs_CZ
    > openssh.msg.CS_CZ openssh.msg.de_DE
    > openssh.msg.DE_DE openssh.msg.en_US
    > openssh.msg.EN_US openssh.msg.es_ES
    > openssh.msg.ES_ES openssh.msg.fr_FR
    > openssh.msg.FR_FR openssh.msg.hu_HU
    > openssh.msg.HU_HU openssh.msg.it_IT
    > openssh.msg.IT_IT openssh.msg.ja_JP
    > openssh.msg.JA_JP openssh.msg.ko_KR
    > openssh.msg.Ja_JP openssh.msg.pl_PL
    > openssh.msg.KO_KR openssh.msg.pt_BR
    > openssh.msg.PL_PL openssh.msg.ru_RU
    > openssh.msg.PT_BR openssh.msg.sk_SK
    > openssh.msg.RU_RU openssh.msg.zh_CN
    > openssh.msg.SK_SK openssh.msg.zh_TW


    In this directory run:
    inutoc
    smitty install
    (enter a dot (".") as input directory/device)

    Regards,

    Frank

  4. Re: X applications fail to run on ssh -X

    On Aug 21, 1:07*pm, Frank Fegert wrote:
    > On 2008-08-21, TsanChung wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > I downloaded openssh-4.7_new5302.tar.Z from
    > >https://sourceforge.net/projects/openssh-aix/

    >
    > > Untarring it get these files, which are not SSHxxx.BFF file.
    > > How to install openssh on AIX 5.3?
    > > $ ls
    > > change_log.txt * * * * * * openssh.msg.ZH_CN
    > > openssh-4.7_new5302.tar.Z *openssh.msg.ZH_TW
    > > openssh.base * * * * * * * openssh.msg.Zh_CN
    > > openssh.license * * * * * *openssh.msg.Zh_TW
    > > openssh.man.en_US * * * * *openssh.msg.ca_ES
    > > openssh.msg.CA_ES * * * * *openssh.msg.cs_CZ
    > > openssh.msg.CS_CZ * * * * *openssh.msg.de_DE
    > > openssh.msg.DE_DE * * * * *openssh.msg.en_US
    > > openssh.msg.EN_US * * * * *openssh.msg.es_ES
    > > openssh.msg.ES_ES * * * * *openssh.msg.fr_FR
    > > openssh.msg.FR_FR * * * * *openssh.msg.hu_HU
    > > openssh.msg.HU_HU * * * * *openssh.msg.it_IT
    > > openssh.msg.IT_IT * * * * *openssh.msg.ja_JP
    > > openssh.msg.JA_JP * * * * *openssh.msg.ko_KR
    > > openssh.msg.Ja_JP * * * * *openssh.msg.pl_PL
    > > openssh.msg.KO_KR * * * * *openssh.msg.pt_BR
    > > openssh.msg.PL_PL * * * * *openssh.msg.ru_RU
    > > openssh.msg.PT_BR * * * * *openssh.msg.sk_SK
    > > openssh.msg.RU_RU * * * * *openssh.msg.zh_CN
    > > openssh.msg.SK_SK * * * * *openssh.msg.zh_TW

    >
    > In this directory run:
    > * inutoc
    > * smitty install
    > * * (enter a dot (".") as input directory/device)
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > * * * * Frank


    It seems I need to continue to install requisites (dependencies), is
    there a better method?

    [TOP]
    geninstall -I "a -cgNQqwX -J" -Z -d . -f File 2>&1

    File:
    Ipenssh.base.client 4.7.0.5302
    Ipenssh.base.server 4.7.0.5302
    Ipenssh.man.en_US 4.7.0.5302

    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    +
    Pre-installation Verification...
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    +
    Verifying selections...done
    Verifying requisites...done
    Results...

    FAILURES
    --------
    Filesets listed in this section failed pre-installation verification
    and will not be installed.

    Requisite Failures
    ------------------
    SELECTED FILESETS: The following is a list of filesets that you
    asked to
    install. They cannot be installed until all of their requisite
    filesets
    are also installed. See subsequent lists for details of requisites.

    openssh.base.client 4.7.0.5302 # Open Secure Shell
    Commands
    openssh.base.server 4.7.0.5302 # Open Secure Shell
    Server
    openssh.man.en_US 4.7.0.5302 # Open Secure Shell
    Documentat...
    openssh.msg.en_US 4.7.0.5302 # Open Secure Shell
    Messages -...

    MISSING REQUISITES: The following filesets are required by one or
    more
    of the selected filesets listed above. They are not currently
    installed
    and could not be found on the installation media.

    openssl.base 0.9.8.600 # Fileset Update

    << End of Failure Section >>



    ---
    [TOP]
    geninstall -I "a -cgNQqwX -J" -Z -d . -f File 2>&1

    File:
    I:csufx.xcrypto.cca 3.27.0.0
    I:csufx.xcrypto.com 3.27.1.0
    S:csufx.xcrypto.com 3.27.1.1
    I:csufx.xcrypto.pk11 3.27.1.0
    S:csufx.xcrypto.pk11 3.27.1.1
    I:csufx.xcrypto.man 3.27.1.0


    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    +
    Pre-installation Verification...
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    +
    Verifying selections...done
    Verifying requisites...done
    Results...

    FAILURES
    --------
    Filesets listed in this section failed pre-installation verification
    and will not be installed.
    [MORE...44]o
    Requisite Failures
    ------------------
    SELECTED FILESETS: The following is a list of filesets that you
    asked to
    install. They cannot be installed until all of their requisite
    filesets
    are also installed. See subsequent lists for details of requisites.

    csufx.xcrypto.cca 3.27.0.0 # 4764 CCA Support
    Program
    csufx.xcrypto.com 3.27.1.0 # 4764 CCA Support
    Program - C...
    csufx.xcrypto.com 3.27.1.1 # 4764 CCA Support
    Program - C...
    csufx.xcrypto.man 3.27.1.0 # CCA Support Program
    Man Pages
    csufx.xcrypto.pk11 3.27.1.0 # 4764 PKCS11 Support
    Program
    csufx.xcrypto.pk11 3.27.1.1 # 4764 PKCS11 Support
    Program

    MISSING REQUISITES: The following filesets are required by one or
    more
    of the selected filesets listed above. They are not currently
    installed
    and could not be found on the installation media.

    Java14.sdk 1.4.2.0 # Base Level Fileset
    bos.rte 5.3.0.50 # Fileset Update
    devices.pci.1410e501.rte # Base Level Fileset

    << End of Failure Section >>

    FILESET STATISTICS
    ------------------
    6 Selected to be installed, of which:
    6 FAILED pre-installation verification
    ----
    0 Total to be installed


    Pre-installation Failure/Warning Summary
    ----------------------------------------
    Name Level Pre-installation Failure/
    Warning
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    csufx.xcrypto.pk11 3.27.1.1 Requisite failure
    csufx.xcrypto.pk11 3.27.1.0 Requisite failure
    csufx.xcrypto.man 3.27.1.0 Requisite failure
    csufx.xcrypto.com 3.27.1.1 Requisite failure
    csufx.xcrypto.com 3.27.1.0 Requisite failure
    csufx.xcrypto.cca 3.27.0.0 Requisite failure




+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2