Hello,

I currently work for a company that is moving to an AIX platform for a
specific initiative and I have been pushing to integrate user and
group authentication with the existing Active Directory
infrastructure, however, one of the requirements is to give developers
overseas, ftp access. The environment doesn't exist yet, just doing
some homework

My question is, once I get the Active Directory authentication
working , will ftpd utilise the Active Directory mechanism to
authenticate users trying to ftp?

Or...Since authenticated users will have secure shell access would it
be best to have them transfer files via sftp?

I am new to integrating within a Microsoft ruled environment, so I may
sound stupid in asking these questions...Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks!