Hello,

I have attempted over the last few days to create a SPOT image on an
AIX 6.1 NIM master that will allow me to setup a debug image.

As most NIM folks are aware you simply run "nim -o check -F -a
debug=yes " and you end up with a boot string to enter at
the debug prompt.

This all works fine for a 5.3 and a 5.2 image, but when I try this
with a 6.1 image it seems to complete but I end up with no boot
string.

Am I missing something? I tried re-creating the LPP source using
multi_volume=yes just to see if I was lacking something off of the 2nd
DVD, but all I got were language files of course.

I read over the release notes for 6.1, but they make no mention of
this kind of change in 6.1.

Has anyone else hit this problem?

Thank you!

Shane

SPOT53:
class = resources
type = spot
plat_defined = chrp
arch = power
bos_license = yes
Rstate = ready for use
prev_state = verification is being performed
location = /NIM/SPOT/SPOT53/SPOT53/usr
version = 5
release = 3
mod = 0
oslevel_r = 5300-03
alloc_count = 0
server = master
if_supported = chrp.mp ent
Rstate_result = success

# nim -ocheck -
F -adebug=yes SPOT53
# lsnim -l SPOT53
SPOT53:
class = resources
type = spot

enter_dbg = "chrp.mp.ent 0x0042f7e0" <===HAPPY

plat_defined = chrp
arch = power
bos_license = yes
Rstate = ready for use
prev_state = verification is being performed
location = /NIM/SPOT/SPOT53/SPOT53/usr
version = 5
release = 3
mod = 0
oslevel_r = 5300-03
alloc_count = 0
server = master
if_supported = chrp.mp ent
Rstate_result = success

************************************BREAK********* ************************************************

SPOT52:
class = resources
type = spot
plat_defined = chrp
arch = power
bos_license = yes
Rstate = ready for use
prev_state = verification is being performed
location = /NIM/SPOT/52/SPOT52/usr
version = 5
release = 2
mod = 0
oslevel_r = 5200-04
alloc_count = 0
server = master
if_supported = chrp.mp ent
Rstate_result = success

# nim -ocheck -F -adebug=yes SPOT52
# lsnim -l SPOT52
SPOT52:
class = resources
type = spot

enter_dbg = "chrp.mp.ent 0x00708d88" <<== HAPPY HERE TOO

plat_defined = chrp
arch = power
bos_license = yes
Rstate = ready for use
prev_state = verification is being performed
location = /NIM/SPOT/52/SPOT52/usr
version = 5
release = 2
mod = 0
oslevel_r = 5200-04
alloc_count = 0
server = master
if_supported = chrp.mp ent
Rstate_result = success

*********************************BREAK************ ********************************************

aix61_dvd_multi_test_spot:
class = resources
type = spot
plat_defined = chrp
arch = power
bos_license = yes
Rstate = ready for use
prev_state = verification is being performed
location = /nim61/spot/aix61_dvd_multi_test_spot/
aix61_dvd_multi_test_spot/usr
version = 6
release = 1
mod = 0
oslevel_r = 6100-00
alloc_count = 0
server = master
Rstate_result = success
mk_netboot = yes
mk_netboot = yes

# nim -ocheck -F -adebug=yes aix61_dvd_multi_test_spot
# lsnim -l aix61_dvd_multi_test_spot

NO STRING??