Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 for AIX5L available - Aix

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 for AIX5L available - Aix ; Now Firefox has it's companion Thunderbird. At least on AIX 5.1 or later. Installation documentation updated for AIX5/GTK2. The upcoming releases of Firefox 2.0.0.17 and Seamonkey 1.1.12 may be delayed for the AIX builds for about one week after the ...

  1. Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 for AIX5L available

    Now Firefox has it's companion Thunderbird.
    At least on AIX 5.1 or later.

    Installation documentation updated for AIX5/GTK2.

    The upcoming releases of Firefox 2.0.0.17 and Seamonkey 1.1.12 may be
    delayed for the AIX builds for about one week after the scheduled
    official release date.
    The upcoming AIX5/GTK2 releases will have a performance improvement, as
    the build environment gets better and better :-)
    For the next release I will use the older, but faster IBM GTK2 RPMS for
    build time too.

    Sorry for the AIX 4.3.3 users, still no working Thunderbird. But you can
    use Seamonkey instead.

    My porting of Fireofox 3 is stuck with a lot of bugs filed. Still a long
    way to go. The first patches are checked in.

    Have fun with the best web browser for AIX
    --
    Uli Link

    posted with Thunderbird from a RS/6000 7009-C10

  2. Re: Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 for AIX5L available

    Uli Link wrote:
    > Now Firefox has it's companion Thunderbird.
    >

    > Sorry for the AIX 4.3.3 users, still no working Thunderbird. But you can
    > use Seamonkey instead.

    Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 is now also available as GTK 1.2.10 built on AIX
    4.3.3! this is posted from my 7012-39H running AIX 4.3.3

    --
    Uli Link

+ Reply to Thread