NFS protocol - Aix

This is a discussion on NFS protocol - Aix ; If I specify TCP as the protocol on the mount command (which I believe is actually the default) does that mean that TCP is used for all of the related RPC services also? I need to specify the ports & ...

  1. NFS protocol

    If I specify TCP as the protocol on the mount command (which I believe is
    actually the default) does that mean that TCP is used for all of the related
    RPC services also?

    I need to specify the ports & protocols required so we can configure our
    firewalls

    Thanks!

  2. Re: NFS protocol

    On Aug 4, 5:26*am, "null" wrote:
    > If I specify TCP as the protocol on the mount command (which I believe is
    > actually the default) does that mean that TCP is used for all of the related
    > RPC services also?
    >
    > I need to specify the ports & protocols required so we can configure our
    > firewalls
    >
    > Thanks!

    You might try check this out rpcinfo -p will show you rpc ports and
    what they are talking on.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ntifyprobs.htm

    -Mp

+ Reply to Thread