NIM Deallocat resources - Aix

This is a discussion on NIM Deallocat resources - Aix ; All, While trying to install software on client get some errors on NIM 0042-001 nimclient: processing error encountered on "xyz- admin": x x 0042-001 nimclient: processing error encountered on "master": x x 0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master": x ...

  1. NIM Deallocat resources

    All,

    While trying to install software on client get some errors on NIM

    0042-001 nimclient: processing error encountered on "xyz-
    admin": x
    x 0042-001 nimclient: processing
    error encountered on "master": x
    x 0042-001 nim: processing error
    encountered on "master": x
    warning: x
    x 0042-302 m_deallocate: the state
    of "xyz-admin" prevents this operati x
    on
    x from succeeding. Use the
    "reset" operation to correct x
    x its state then retry the
    intended operation. x

    I have tried resetting the client on some of the servers and it has
    worked. But on others it seems to still be a problem.

    Should I try deallocating resources to the server and then reallocate
    it to them . Does it help ? How would I reallocate reosurces back to
    the client ?

    Ciao.

  2. Re: NIM Deallocat resources

    On 2008-08-01 09:28:33 +0100, invincible said:

    > All,
    >
    > While trying to install software on client get some errors on NIM
    >
    > 0042-001 nimclient: processing error encountered on "xyz-
    > admin": x
    > x 0042-001 nimclient: processing
    > error encountered on "master": x
    > x 0042-001 nim: processing error
    > encountered on "master": x
    > warning: x
    > x 0042-302 m_deallocate: the state
    > of "xyz-admin" prevents this operati x
    > on
    > x from succeeding. Use the
    > "reset" operation to correct x
    > x its state then retry the
    > intended operation. x
    >
    > I have tried resetting the client on some of the servers and it has
    > worked. But on others it seems to still be a problem.
    >
    > Should I try deallocating resources to the server and then reallocate
    > it to them . Does it help ? How would I reallocate reosurces back to
    > the client ?
    >
    > Ciao.

    Normaly when I have a problem I do a

    no -Fo reset
    no -Fo deallocate -a subclass=all

    Then re-run the operation which seems to fix most problems...

    Rgds...

  3. Re: NIM Deallocat resources

    On 2008-08-01 18:08:06 +0100, vvisceroy said:

    > On 2008-08-01 09:28:33 +0100, invincible said:
    >
    >> All,
    >>
    >> While trying to install software on client get some errors on NIM
    >>
    >> 0042-001 nimclient: processing error encountered on "xyz-
    >> admin": x
    >> x 0042-001 nimclient: processing
    >> error encountered on "master": x
    >> x 0042-001 nim: processing error
    >> encountered on "master": x
    >> warning: x
    >> x 0042-302 m_deallocate: the state
    >> of "xyz-admin" prevents this operati x
    >> on
    >> x from succeeding. Use the
    >> "reset" operation to correct x
    >> x its state then retry the
    >> intended operation. x
    >>
    >> I have tried resetting the client on some of the servers and it has
    >> worked. But on others it seems to still be a problem.
    >>
    >> Should I try deallocating resources to the server and then reallocate
    >> it to them . Does it help ? How would I reallocate reosurces back to
    >> the client ?
    >>
    >> Ciao.

    > Normaly when I have a problem I do a
    >
    > no -Fo reset
    > no -Fo deallocate -a subclass=all
    >
    > Then re-run the operation which seems to fix most problems...
    >
    > Rgds...

    Sorry That should be nim -Fo

+ Reply to Thread