Print to w2k print server - Aix

This is a discussion on Print to w2k print server - Aix ; I have an AIX queue setup that points to an w2k print server. The queue there is setup as PCL and point to a Xerox Workcentre Pro 265. When jobs are submitted from Win, they can orient as portrait or ...

  1. Print to w2k print server

    I have an AIX queue setup that points to an w2k print server. The
    queue there is setup as PCL and point to a Xerox Workcentre Pro 265.
    When jobs are submitted from Win, they can orient as portrait or
    landscape. When I submit from AIX, I always get portrait. How can I
    control the orientation when submitting the job from AIX?

    This is AIX 5.1. The qconfig entry looks like this.

    cptest2:
    device = @acnprint1
    up = TRUE
    host = acnprint1
    s_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/bsdshort
    l_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/bsdlong
    rq = ANWP-X265-L2IS
    @acnprint1:
    backend = /usr/lib/lpd/rembak

  2. Re: Print to w2k print server

    CAM schrieb:
    > I have an AIX queue setup that points to an w2k print server. The
    > queue there is setup as PCL and point to a Xerox Workcentre Pro 265.
    > When jobs are submitted from Win, they can orient as portrait or
    > landscape. When I submit from AIX, I always get portrait. How can I
    > control the orientation when submitting the job from AIX?
    >
    > This is AIX 5.1. The qconfig entry looks like this.
    >
    > cptest2:
    > device = @acnprint1
    > up = TRUE
    > host = acnprint1
    > s_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/bsdshort
    > l_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/bsdlong
    > rq = ANWP-X265-L2IS
    > @acnprint1:
    > backend = /usr/lib/lpd/rembak

    Hi,

    the entry looks like you have set up your AIX queue as a remote print
    queue without "local filtering". If doing so to my knowledge you got no
    control on any print option.

    You need to set up a print queue using local filtering (with AIX
    "printer driver" and "piobe" backend). This will result in having a full
    customizable AIX virtual printer (lsvirprt -qcptest2 -d@acnprint1)

    Regards,
    Uwe Auer

+ Reply to Thread