Rights to a Folder - Aix

This is a discussion on Rights to a Folder - Aix ; Hello, I would like that 2 groups can access to a same folder RWX, but I don't want to put the second group in the first group Example : GroupA:user1,user2 GroupB:user3 Folder -rwxrwxr-x /usr/toto owner:user1, group GroupA How can I ...

  1. Rights to a Folder

    Hello,
    I would like that 2 groups can access to a same folder RWX, but I
    don't want to put the second group in the first group

    Example :
    GroupA:user1,user2
    GroupB:user3

    Folder -rwxrwxr-x /usr/toto owner:user1, group GroupA

    How can I configure to accept GroupB to write in my folder /usr/toto ?

    Best Regards.

  2. Re: Rights to a Folder

    On Jul 24, 12:36 pm, Jarod99 wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I would like that 2 groups can access to a same folder RWX, but I
    > don't want to put the second group in the first group
    >
    > Example :
    > GroupA:user1,user2
    > GroupB:user3
    >
    > Folder -rwxrwxr-x /usr/toto owner:user1, group GroupA
    >
    > How can I configure to accept GroupB to write in my folder /usr/toto ?

    Create GroupC , add all members from Group[A,B] and set the sgid bit
    for /usr/toto to GroupC ( chmod 2775 /usr/toto ) or use ACLs

    hth
    Hajo

+ Reply to Thread